Research grants

Started by CD15
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CD15

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello guys,

I will be starting as a hem/onc fellow with interest in malignant heme.

What are some grant and funding opportunities available for fellows?

e.g. ASCO YIA etc. I am trying to make a comprehensive list. I understand all of these are quite competitive, hence i want to apply to as many as possible.

Thank you guys.
 
Skip the foundation ones. Total waste of time. I know a few people that have gotten them (ASCO-YIA, AACR, etc) and they were all people w/ first author top tier (Cell, Blood, Nature Medicine) pubs and ASCO/ASH/AACR platform presentations. Statistically, that's not you (although it could be).

For small scale stuff, look internally at your institution and local/state foundations. All of the grant funding I got as a fellow (and so far as an attending) have been internal or local foundation based. It's small potatoes ($20-30K) but better than nothing.

If you're going for real money, NIH, while the paylines still suck massive donkey nads, is still your best option.