Research Hours on AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elayor19

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, it's my first time posting on SDN and I really wished I asked before submitting my AADSAS Application. Under my research experience, I had put the total hours that I had done the research so far, and not hours intended for the future. It doesn't seem like a lot given I only started this year (found a topic I was really interested in!) but I did leave the end date blank since I hope to continue well into the next year. I know that we can't update our profile anymore :( but I don't know if that might hurt my chances of getting an interview. My stats are pretty average and with this research project, I was hoping I'd be competitive for an interview. If anyone has any idea about whether or not this might hurt my chances, I would really appreciate it! :)

P.S. My research PI wrote me an LOE

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You filled it correctly. You can't exactly put down the hours that you are intending to do research for in the future. There's no accountability for whether or not you actually fulfilled those hours. A single research project won't make or break your application.

Reactions: 1 users