This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tatertoes

Here to make the world a better place
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear all, I'm going to be starting a 3 year Podiatric Surgery residency soon. I would LOVE to start research somewhere, and I'm hoping residency is a good place for this. The program has not had a resident initiated research for at least 10 years. My guess is I can't rely on the staff there. I'm hoping to restart it, with the goals of getting published. As far as experience in research is concerned: I've only done pharma sponsored/ initiated clinical trials, and worked in a lab.

I don't know where to start, how to come up with a topic, and who to speak with. I have 3 months to learn all I can and have a head start.
I'd appreciate any recommendation on best people to talk to, books to read, or topics to look into. If anyone would like to collaborate, I'd appreciate that as well.

Thank you,

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is great that you want to do research, my best advice to you is to look for a mentor who has published, be open to physicians in and outside of podiatry, and don't settle with just one, look for multiple, and be open to looking outside of your program and locality. Even networking w others during meetings to collaborate.

Reactions: 1 user