Research presentation, not a independent project?

Started by yeloFELO3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yeloFELO3

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am pretty new to research as a undergrad and am currently helping a graduate student with his research project. My school hosts a undergraduate research poster presentation every spring and fall semester, but I am not sure if I should take this opportunity to present research since I would not be able to present a independent project. Is it possible to present the research project that the graduate student is doing (since I am helping him with it) without necessarily breaking any rules and regulations (plagiarism, credits, etc..)

Sorry if this is a stupid question, just not sure how, who, where to ask this.
 
you should ask the grad student if he's okay with it first.

I agree with this.

I am not sure as to the extent of your involvement with the project, but if the grad student gives the okay then I think it is fine. Your poster would presumably include a list of authors which will indicate the person most involved with the project, i.e., the grad student will be listed as first author.

I have seen many undergraduates and even high schoolers present grad student's projects with which they are involved.