Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I'm a freshman and am interested in starting to do research. The problem is that I have been emailing professors left and right about opportunities, trying to get volunteer or paid work in a lab, but I haven't gotten any responses. Should I just keep trying? I've only contacted Neuroscience Researchers, since that is my major. Should I contact other professors in different labs like Biology, Chemistry, and Psychology? I think some of this is due to the fact that I go to a large research university. I always thought that helped me, but maybe it's a negative because of so much competition.
I'm a freshman and am interested in starting to do research. The problem is that I have been emailing professors left and right about opportunities, trying to get volunteer or paid work in a lab, but I haven't gotten any responses. Should I just keep trying? I've only contacted Neuroscience Researchers, since that is my major. Should I contact other professors in different labs like Biology, Chemistry, and Psychology? I think some of this is due to the fact that I go to a large research university. I always thought that helped me, but maybe it's a negative because of so much competition.