Research re: "nice guys"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ifailedmcat said:
Dude, I have done everything described above..kinda scary. A nice guy who is only nice to score isn't a genuine nice guy. It's a part of you and the way you are, in the end I really couldn't be any other way, and I make no apologies for it.

A nice guy who ISNT out to score most certainly wont. I have no sympathies.

Members don't see this ad.

!dr_nick! said:
A nice guy who ISNT out to score most certainly wont. I have no sympathies.

Of course not. Most nice guys aren't even out to score in the first place. Playing the nice guy routine to even score in the first place is kinda lame..most girls can see right through that.

I should probably qualify what i said.

I, as a person, am not out to just blindly fornicate. BUT, if a nice guy pretends to be a nice guy with no interest in the girl for a more serious relationship, it is his own fault.

That being said, im often a nice guy at first, because most of the time i either dont want to be in a relationship, or dont know if i do. If i decide i do, i generally make my intentions known.

Members don't see this ad :)
ifailedmcat said:
Of course not. Most nice guys aren't even out to score in the first place. Playing the nice guy routine to even score in the first place is kinda lame..most girls can see right through that.
I think he means "score" in more of an in-depth sense than "one-night stand."

You'll have trouble even getting a girlfriend if you're a doormat.

!dr_nick! said:
I should probably qualify what i said.

I, as a person, am not out to just blindly fornicate. BUT, if a nice guy pretends to be a nice guy with no interest in the girl for a more serious relationship, it is his own fault.

That being said, im often a nice guy at first, because most of the time i either dont want to be in a relationship, or dont know if i do. If i decide i do, i generally make my intentions known.

Right you are :thumbup:

I don't think you have a choice --

most of the whole alpha/beta male thing is innate. The only way it wouldn't be is if you regularly practice how to manipulate women, which is what some people do, and it works well for many of them. Of course that's not ethical, but the people that care about such ethics are almost always beta male.

There are "nice girls" too btw. I think 10-20% of girls intentionally manipulate guys for their pleasure, about the same %age of guys. It's very possible for a beta to be with a beta female, obviously :), so there's definitely hope. Need to screen out the bad better.

If it weren't for specialization of labor alpha males would take all of the resources -- keep in mind. Beta survive because of their traits that enable a society to survive.

ifailedmcat said:
... Playing the nice guy routine to even score in the first place is kinda lame..most girls can see right through that.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

So true.