Research Symposium vs Conference (Conflict of Interest..?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Justlikethat

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Due to the funding I received from my institution for my study, I am obligated to present a poster at their research symposium. I also want to submit this abstract to another research conference, but the guideline for this one is that the abstract or info should not be presented in conferences other than this one.
"Abstracts submitted to AATS Annual Meeting may not be presented or published by any other entity outside of AATS Annual Meeting prior to selection notification by the Planning Committee"
Considering the small impact our school research symposium has, would the school research symposium count as "any other entity outside of this Annual Meeting"?

Members don't see this ad.

no, well understood that you can present an abstract regionally and then at a national level

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreeing - a school symposium is just fine. Students do this all the time. So is presenting it at your local grand rounds or similar session. They’re really talking about other national or international meetings.

Check with the AATS organizer to double check. The website will usually have an email address where you can ask these sorts of questions. If they say no, you can simply add some more "new" data to the abstract. Another p value, comparison or endpoint. This would then be considered a new presentation.