• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

HessExpress

Holy Macaroni
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2003
Status (Visible)
Do medical schools frown upon an applicant whom graduates with a bachelors a year early to use their 4th year of undergrad in a job setting as a research technician or related position?

celticmists18

california dreaming
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2004
studying for Step 1
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I don't think they do, 'cause at least you are making good use of your time. That is exactly what I did and I've been accepted. Just be ready to answer lots of questions about your research (and for the MD/PhDs to try and recruit you into research).

About the Ads

Bad Mojo

Cold as Ice
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2003
Texas
Status (Visible)
Overall, I don't think schools really frown on any productive non-educational thing you pursue after school. Whether it is working as a research tech or a teacher or whatever, it only adds to your maturity and "real-world" experience.

relentless11

Going broke and loving it
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2001
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Overall i don't think they'll look down upon that. They may want some updated classes to see if you can still handle school though. But other than that, i don't see why it would be bad.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.