Research Technician

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HessExpress

Holy Macaroni
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do medical schools frown upon an applicant whom graduates with a bachelors a year early to use their 4th year of undergrad in a job setting as a research technician or related position?
 
I don't think they do, 'cause at least you are making good use of your time. That is exactly what I did and I've been accepted. Just be ready to answer lots of questions about your research (and for the MD/PhDs to try and recruit you into research).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Overall, I don't think schools really frown on any productive non-educational thing you pursue after school. Whether it is working as a research tech or a teacher or whatever, it only adds to your maturity and "real-world" experience.
 
Overall i don't think they'll look down upon that. They may want some updated classes to see if you can still handle school though. But other than that, i don't see why it would be bad.