Research topics in ob gyn residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolbabe76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i wanted to know what kind of topics can you choose while you are a busy resident with so little time to spare for research.
for people who have already started ,, can they list some of the topics so people like me can get some ideas.....
thanks a ton :)

Members don't see this ad.

Chart reviews example:
[1] % of obese patients in your clinic population and prevalance for diabetes Csection and co-morbidities

[2]Teen birth control surveys

[3] Survey on well woman care what does the poulation know

[4] Incident of VBAC and success at your insitution

[5] Incidence of GHTN and progression toward preeclampsia

[6] LAVH vs total L/S Hyst advantages comorbdities at your institution

[7] Post dates and induction of labor versus expectant managment

Thanks a ton , Diane
Your reply is appreciated

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't know you could do research as a resident. Can you explain more? I plan to get an MD MPH, so this kind of research intrigues me. Can you actually get funding as a resident/researcher?

I didn't know you could do research as a resident. Can you explain more? I plan to get an MD MPH, so this kind of research intrigues me. Can you actually get funding as a resident/researcher?

You may be able to get some internal funding from your department. You will not be able to compete for a real grant as a resident. Generally you will work with a faculty member that already has funding.

Along with funding from your research mentor, look for grants from your institutional GME, alumni office, or local smaller sources.

Best of luck with the MPH!