Membership Revoked
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
Since I am a cretinous ****** from College of the Ozarks (read my postings for the "4th year change of heart: Switched from ER to Gen Surg" thread if you need an explanation):

I'm switching specialties and want to get in research with the new specialty (Surgery) before applying because otherwise my CV will look like a limp monkey who just died. Does anyone know what would be the best way to set up research with another institution? Do I have to know precisely who I want to do research with beforehand or can I just call a PD and ask if there is any research available?


yore frend Cleetus.


Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 29, 2004
Status (Visible)
You can just contact the department and ask about research, also many of the larger research schools have a designated research faculty chief. Contact one of them and they can point you to labs that have most opportunities for you. Most of them are fairly receptive, labs almost always need more help than they have. Just be careful to pick a lab and project that will give you results and not turn you into a lab scut monkey.
About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.