residencies with phd programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brainiologist?

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,

does anyone know which neuro residency programs also include phd training?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the easiest way to find out is to go to freida by logging on to www.ama-assn.org and search for freida. Then click on freidaonline, then residency/fellowshipTraining program search.
Then search for all neurology programs.
There is a list of 119 neuro programs by state.
Click on each program . This will give you the details of each program. Scroll down and go to 'Educational benefits'. This has info about PhD training, MPH/MBA training and many other features.
This is more convenient than opening websites of all programs.

thanks.

i started going through it that way, but many of the programs had incomplete information & i have to admit... it was kind of tedious.

thanks, again.

Members don't see this ad :)
okay. i checked the educational benefits, as you suggested. many programs do not have that info available... and, of the ones that do, i could only find 3 (yale, cornell, and mayo) that answer yes to phd training. if the info wasn't available, i went to the program's webpage. that didn't seem to help, either.

programs like einstein have "Medical Science Pathway" for some internal med subspec, but unfortunately not for neuro.
wash u has the "Physician-Scientist Training Pathway", but that is designed more for MSTP students.

i'm up for any other suggestions you might have.
thanks!

This was the easiest way.
The best way now would be to send emails to residency program directors or coordinators for a confirmed answer.