Residency and Relocation Loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYyanx28

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of good lenders for Residency and Relocation loans? I'm hoping to get on the ball come July 1st(and thus 4th year status) for application expenses.

Members don't see this ad.

I got mine through Sallie Mae. The stretch the terms out over like 30 years, but you should be able to easily pay it off before then.

I also went with Sallie Mae for my R&R loan and was very happy with the quick online process. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also went with Sallie Mae for my R&R loan and was very happy with the quick online process. Good luck!

my fin aid officer from our school said that no one this year had been approved for the Sallie Mae R&R loan from our school without having a cosigner. I was pretty surprised to hear that.

my fin aid officer from our school said that no one this year had been approved for the Sallie Mae R&R loan from our school without having a cosigner. I was pretty surprised to hear that.

I had to have my Dad co-sign, but my girlfriend got a $3000K one with just her signature. She has decent credit, but it's not outstanding by any means.

I got mine from Graduate Leverage. I was offered much lower interest rate on the loan (6.8%) vs Sallie Mae (13.8%). I needed a cosigner (and would have for Sallie Mae as well).