Residency, anyone?

Started by PGYx
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PGYx

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am thing about doing a residency in Primary care for next year. Pro and con, any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Is there any chance that I can make more money after a residency?
 
Why a primary care residency? I can't say you will make more money and I would not recommend a residency if this is your motivation. The only way to make more money out of it is if you treat conditions afterwards that you might not have felt comfortable treating before. Also some referall sites and academia require residencies. I would tend to choose ocular disease over primary care or even contact lenses. Find your niche.