Residency Application: Research Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dxcrunner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When Charting Outcomes of the Match says "mean number of abstracts, presentation, and publications," what counts for a presentation and abstract?

1) If I submit an abstract to a conference and present a poster does this count as an abstract and presentation?

2) If I submit an abstract to a conference and give an oral presentation (powerpoint) does this count as an abstract and presentation?

3) If my name is on the abstract for a conference but someone else presents the poster or give an oral presentation, does this only count as an abstract?

Members don't see this ad.

There's maybe some variability here but this is what I would do/did on my ERAS:

1. [I didn't include any posters so maybe others can guide you here--is there a poster option in eras?]
2. count just as presentation
3. if the conference publishes abstracts then you can list the abstract associated with the presentation/abstract

IMO it's legit to include both presentations/posters and manuscripts associated with the same project, but I don't think it would be looked upon favorably to count the exact same thing twice as both an abstract and a poster/presentation.