Residency Explorer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chibucks15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that AAMC has their stuff together and actually has all specialties, how are you guys planning to use it? I know neuro is classically one of the 'less competitive' and 'cares about more than scores' but still nerve wracking as I build my list haha you guys putting a lot of stock into that tool? Curious on what everyone else thinks. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Mostly for finding programs that I would've otherwise missed in my preferred state.

Personally I don't trust the "% of matched applicants are DO" or average board scores either.

Edit: Just noticed the contact info is wrong for a couple IM sites i'm interested in too haha

Reactions: 1 user
Mostly for finding programs that I would've otherwise missed in my preferred state.

Personally I don't trust the "% of matched applicants are DO" or average board scores either.

Edit: Just noticed the contact info is wrong for a couple IM sites i'm interested in too haha
Yeah I’ve found discrepancies in that as well. Even though it’s supposed to be straight from match data?
My app is average to above average (mostly) besides scores at some places so I guess was just hoping for reassurance the scores may be more FRIEDA-type accuracy (or lack thereof) than actual