Residency for Europeans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KikaLitalienne

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!
I'm an italian medical student and I hope someone here can help me to find some answers I need.
I will graduate next July and, being italian conditions everyday worst, I'm trying to see if I can have some possibilities in other countries and Canada is in my "magic list".
I would like to know if it is possible for Doctors who graduated in a EU Country to have a Residency in Canada and which are the steps to get there? Is there anyone here who is in a Residency in Canada and is from a EU Country?
I really need some help!
Thanks in advice!! 🙂
 
You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible to apply to CaRMS. There are a limited number of residents with only visas from Gulf states like Saudi Arabia, but that is under contract with their governments.
 
Hello!
I'm an italian medical student and I hope someone here can help me to find some answers I need.
I will graduate next July and, being italian conditions everyday worst, I'm trying to see if I can have some possibilities in other countries and Canada is in my "magic list".
I would like to know if it is possible for Doctors who graduated in a EU Country to have a Residency in Canada and which are the steps to get there? Is there anyone here who is in a Residency in Canada and is from a EU Country?
I really need some help!
Thanks in advice!! 🙂

Unfortunately you can't do residency in Canada unless you are Canadian permanent resident or citizen. Personally, if i don't have any connections to Canada, I would scratch it off the list, there are easier paths to take. Even with Canadian citizenship getting Canadian residency as a non North american graduate is very difficult and competitive.
 
Yes,
You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible to apply to CaRMS.
 
Last edited: