Residency in Germany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veneqara

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.. I just finished my medical school in Russia, but I am a citizen of Azerbaijan. Now, I would like to do my residency on general surgery in Germany. As a note, I don't know German, but I have read in some forums that it is possible to study German in Germany after being conditionally accepted to residency in a clinic. Even if not, I am eager to study and pass German exam as soon as possible. So, my questions are:

1) What are the steps I have to follow to do my residency in Germany?
2) Is there any website or source explaining step-by-step how and where I should apply? Any guide?
3) Is it really possible to start studying German in Germany while still being accepted to residency?
4) If not, does it mean I should pass my German at B2 level and only then apply for residency?
5) What restrictions/limitations would I have as a non-EU applicant?

I would be grateful if somebody could help me on this. I have read so many forums and threads but everyone writes vaguely. Hope someone who has gone through these steps could reply. Thanks in advance.

Best,
Venry

Members don't see this ad.

So, most students on this site are in the US, and don't know all the qualifications required for foreign residencies. I suggest you look at the International medicine forum--you'll likely have more replies there.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Please check out the other posts before you post. These q's have been answered time and again and I don't think one would like to keep answering the same q's over and over.

Hello brother, I'm interested in your questions, I would like to know if answered