Residency in Israel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Divine Furor

Academician
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Let's say for the sake of argument that I lived in Israel for a substantial period of my youth and always wanted to return there, although I completed my undergrad in NY and will be going to MS in Ohio....is it possible to do an international residency and be accredited in both the US and Israel? Forgive my total ignorance...does such a thing exist?

WaZoBia

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As far as I know there isn't an international residency in Israel that is recognized in the states, what you could do is complete residency training stateside then return to Israel, you'll be recognized in both countries. I'm guessing this is not what you wanted to hear though.......

Divine Furor

Academician
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As far as I know there isn't an international residency in Israel that is recognized in the states, what you could do is complete residency training stateside then return to Israel, you'll be recognized in both countries. I'm guessing this is not what you wanted to hear though.......

Wait, how would I be recognized in Israel? My US residency would qualify me for overseas medicine?

WaZoBia

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wait, how would I be recognized in Israel? My US residency would qualify me for overseas medicine?

I've gone through some Israeli hospital sites and quite a few of the doctors received training in the US or elsewhere outside of Israel (Argentina, Russia etc). So I think the training you receive in the states will be recognized in Israel but you might also wanna check with the necessary training bodies in Israel just to make sure.

If you don't mind my asking, where do you plan to settle in Israel? Or do you just wanna work there for a few years then return to the states?

leahsh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for Israeli psychometry preparation book for in English. I'll appreciate any help.
Thanks.