• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Divine Furor

Academician
10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Ohio
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Let's say for the sake of argument that I lived in Israel for a substantial period of my youth and always wanted to return there, although I completed my undergrad in NY and will be going to MS in Ohio....is it possible to do an international residency and be accredited in both the US and Israel? Forgive my total ignorance...does such a thing exist?

WaZoBia

15+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2001
Status (Visible)
As far as I know there isn't an international residency in Israel that is recognized in the states, what you could do is complete residency training stateside then return to Israel, you'll be recognized in both countries. I'm guessing this is not what you wanted to hear though.......

Divine Furor

Academician
10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Ohio
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
As far as I know there isn't an international residency in Israel that is recognized in the states, what you could do is complete residency training stateside then return to Israel, you'll be recognized in both countries. I'm guessing this is not what you wanted to hear though.......

Wait, how would I be recognized in Israel? My US residency would qualify me for overseas medicine?

About the Ads

WaZoBia

15+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2001
Status (Visible)
Wait, how would I be recognized in Israel? My US residency would qualify me for overseas medicine?

I've gone through some Israeli hospital sites and quite a few of the doctors received training in the US or elsewhere outside of Israel (Argentina, Russia etc). So I think the training you receive in the states will be recognized in Israel but you might also wanna check with the necessary training bodies in Israel just to make sure.

If you don't mind my asking, where do you plan to settle in Israel? Or do you just wanna work there for a few years then return to the states?

leahsh

10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm looking for Israeli psychometry preparation book for in English. I'll appreciate any help.
Thanks.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.