Residency Interview Invites 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back from any managed care PGY1 pharmacy residency program? Also how do one get access to the google sheet?

Members don't see this ad.

For PGY2 Infectious diseases:
Rejection from South Texas VA.
Interview invite from Allegheny General Hospital.

Im applying to CC and EM PGY2's. So far I have heard back from:
Interview from University of Utah 1/3/18 (CC)
Interview from Cleveland Clinic Akron General 1/5/18 (CC)
Interview from Mississippi Medical Center 1/14/18 (CC)

Rejection from WVU 1/10/18 (CC)
Rejection from Duke 1/11/18 (CC)

I'm still waiting to hear back from:
UCM CC/EM
UI EM
NYP CC
OHSU EM
Hershey CC
HUP CC
RWJ EM

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard from baystate medical center in springfield mass?

Invite from Maine VA Maine Tougas and Banner University Medical Center South (University of Arizona) 1/18

Last edited:
does everyone start with the video interview or do you know of anyone who got an onsite?

from what i've heard, it seems everyone starts with a video interview, and then afterwards they may offer an on-site

Has anyone heard from Cleveland Clinic, Barnes or University of Colorado for PGY-2 Oncology?

Per the google doc (which is somewhere earlier in this thread.) Yes. Yesterday for the PGY1.
Thanks! I am one of the student doing my rotation there. hopefully will get an invitation as well!

Has anyone not heard from UIC? On the google doc, it shows that people have received invites and rejections but I have heard nothing.

Has anyone not heard from UIC? On the google doc, it shows that people have received invites and rejections but I have heard nothing.
Sometimes this means you’re on their waitlist. And if anyone cancels their interview they pull from their waitlist.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from the following PGY-2 ID programs?
Novant Forsyth
Parkland
Seton
James A Harley VA
Oklahoma city VA

Has anyone heard from Seton in Austin or University Health System in San Antonio (PGY1)?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard from Rush University Medical Center in Chicago?

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone hear back from Yale New Heaven? Saw on the google doc someone got interview but no rejection. Does silent mean rejection?

For those who have heard back from Intermountain Healthcare (PGY1), which facilities did you apply to and when did you apply?

Did anyone hear back from the University of Utah (PGY1)?

Thanks!
Not sure if anyone has answered this with the thousand messages, but I heard back from IMH, I applied to IMH, MD, and Utah Valley. I've also heard back from UofUtah.

I have not heard back from University of Utah yet either. It's marked on the google sheet though, but I can't tell if someone heard from them for PGY1 or PGY2. I guess we will find out! Good luck.
I heard from University of Utah for PGY1 almost 2 weeks ago.

Did anyone apply to PGY2 programs in infectious diseases?
Had a rejection from Temple university.
Still waiting on UPMC Shadyside, Grady Health, Houston Methodist, South Texas VA, Michael DeBakey VA, and Allegheny General Hospital.
ME!!!.. Still no word from Grady. and decided not to apply to Houston Methodist based on my interaction with them at PPS.... :(

Programs Heard From:
Augusta University Medical Center - GA
Vidant Health - NC
University of California San Diego Acute Care - CA
University of Kentucky - KY
Greenville Health Systems - SC

Programs Waiting to Hear From:
Palmetto Health - SC
Novant Presbyterian - NC
Loma Linda - CA
Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) - SC

Anyone heard from the above that I am waiting to hear from??
I've heard from Palmetto, and my roommate heard from MUSC, but that was recent for MUSC

Did anyone hear back from Yale New Heaven? Saw on the google doc someone got interview but no rejection. Does silent mean rejection?
I heard back from Yale for PGY1

Has anyone heard back from ucsd’s zoom interview yet?

Does anyone know how many candidates are typically interviewed per day for a PGY1 program?

Does anyone know how many candidates are typically interviewed per day for a PGY1 program?

Depended on the program. Last year I interviewed with as little as 2 other people, but mostly it was ~6-8 others. Some places also had the PGY2 and PGY1 applicants tour together then were split off for separate interviews. The flow was completely different for all of them though.

Do they give only tour together with other applicants or they interview in groups? I am expecting tour together but individual interview? Someone has idea about it.

UT Southwestern phone interview invites today

Has anyone heard back from DMC Harper (or interviewed)? Google doc says yes, but theres no date. I

Rejection letter from Cooper University Hospital/Philadelphia College of Pharmacy

Anyone not from Illinois hear back from UIC or Rush for PGY1?

Do they give only tour together with other applicants or they interview in groups? I am expecting tour together but individual interview? Someone has idea about it.

For me all the tours were in groups, then split up for interviews. Only one place I applied did a split of individual interviews and interviews with one of the other applicants.

Colorado PGY2 onc was listed with a yes for interview, if anyone knows around when I would appreciate it!

Can anyone provide some insight to how ranking exactly works? So if there's 5 positions, for example, does the resident selection committee create 5 different rank lists? Or is there just one giant rank list, and 5 get matched from that list...?

Can anyone provide some insight to how ranking exactly works? So if there's 5 positions, for example, does the resident selection committee create 5 different rank lists? Or is there just one giant rank list, and 5 get matched from that list...?
Let's say they are interviewing 25 people for those 5 spots. Out of those 25, 10 really stunk it up and residency program A decides they don't want to include them on their rank list. That leaves 15 candidates. They rank the 15 candidates in order of preference. Per the match, candidates 1-5 are actually ranked as #1 for the program because they have 5 spots. If they had 3 spots then candidates 1-3 would be considered #1. now, say they ranked Timmy Turner, Vicky, Trixy Chang, AJ, and Tootie as their top 5 candidates. Everyone except for Timmy ranked program A as their first choice. So everyone except Timmy matches with Program A. Timmy decided to rank Program B as his #1 choice and program B also ranked him as #1. That means Timmy would be matched with program B. Chester McBadBat ranked Program A as his #1 choice. Program A ranked him as their #6. The match gives the applicant priority and since Chester ranked program A as his #1 choice then the match would pair up Chester and Program A. That's kind of how they explained it at midyear except without the fairly oddparent names.

Reactions: 2 users
Let's say they are interviewing 25 people for those 5 spots. Out of those 25, 10 really stunk it up and residency program A decides they don't want to include them on their rank list. That leaves 15 candidates. They rank the 15 candidates in order of preference. Per the match, candidates 1-5 are actually ranked as #1 for the program because they have 5 spots. If they had 3 spots then candidates 1-3 would be considered #1. now, say they ranked Timmy Turner, Vicky, Trixy Chang, AJ, and Tootie as their top 5 candidates. Everyone except for Timmy ranked program A as their first choice. So everyone except Timmy matches with Program A. Timmy decided to rank Program B as his #1 choice and program B also ranked him as #1. That means Timmy would be matched with program B. Chester McBadBat ranked Program A as his #1 choice. Program A ranked him as their #6. The match gives the applicant priority and since Chester ranked program A as his #1 choice then the match would pair up Chester and Program A. That's kind of how they explained it at midyear except without the fairly oddparent names.

Wow! That was very helpful! Thank you so much!!
P.S. I appreciated the fairly oddparent names! :D