Residency Interview Invites 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On average how many interviews are offered for 2 spots in a program

Members don't see this ad.

One source said on average about 4x the amount of people are interviewed than what they accept, which for the residencies I do know about that seems about right. So if 2 spots are available they may only interview about 8 people

Reactions: 1 user
One source said on average about 4x the amount of people are interviewed than what they accept, which for the residencies I do know about that seems about right. So if 2 spots are available they may only interview about 8 people
Oh okay. Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the programs usually send out rejections? I never heard back from some of them :(

I am interviewing at a place with 10 resident positions and there are 65 interview slots - so 6-7 times the number of positions at least for this program.

Programs Heard From:
Augusta University Medical Center - GA
Vidant Health - NC
University of California San Diego Acute Care - CA
University of Kentucky - KY
Greenville Health Systems - SC

Programs Waiting to Hear From:
Palmetto Health - SC
Novant Presbyterian - NC
Loma Linda - CA
Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) - SC

Anyone heard from the above that I am waiting to hear from??
Heard back for invite to Palmetto - Richland on 1/11

How common is it for programs to pull from their waitlist? Or should you just assume it’s probably a no?

Members don't see this ad :)
How common is it for programs to pull from their waitlist? Or should you just assume it’s probably a no?

I got wait listed too and I’m taking it as a “nice” rejection since chances of someone rejecting an interview invite is rare I would say.

Asking for a friend: anyone hear back for PGY2 in ID from Midwestern University or Indiana Health?

I know someone in my class got a residency with a program who was on their waitlist. I wouldn’t say it’s a hard no. If you get an interview just make sure you do well I guess? It might depend on how much a program scores the interview vs your cv.

Has anyone gotten a rejection to Henry Ford - Detroit yet? I see that they sent out interview invites on the 12th but it doesn't look like anyone has documented a rejection letter. I assume I got rejected at this point, but need some closure since I haven't heard back, lol.

Has anybody heard from the centers for families and children in Ohio?

Skype interview with Evolent health and phone interview with Blue Shield of California both Managed Care Pharmacy residency. Still waiting on Rutgers's and Moda health

Has anyone gotten a rejection to Henry Ford - Detroit yet? I see that they sent out interview invites on the 12th but it doesn't look like anyone has documented a rejection letter. I assume I got rejected at this point, but need some closure since I haven't heard back, lol.

I was talking to a current resident today about other things when I saw this and asked him/her about it, and the resident said, “Also, got my information - candidate applications are still being reviewed here.”

For whatever it’s worth. Good luck!

Methodist Dallas phone interview invite today

I was talking to a current resident today about other things when I saw this and asked him/her about it, and the resident said, “Also, got my information - candidate applications are still being reviewed here.”

For whatever it’s worth. Good luck!

That is super great to hear! I'll stay hopeful :) Thank you!

Denials
Mass gen - 1/18 (still hope for some of you who were waiting to hear back)
San Joaquin General - 1/18 (waitlist)
Sharps Healthcare, VA Boston - 1/22
Boston Medical -1/16
VA Houston -1/17

Responses
Cambridge Health Alliance - Phone Interview dome 1/22
VA New Jersey Healthcare - Interview invite 1/22
Kaiser south sac, Napa Solano, and San Jose - Interview invite
VA Portland - Phone Interview (still trying to schedule since mid last week)

....seriously? Does anyone know anything about Rush University Medical Center? Even confirmation that they sent a rejection would be helpful at this point

....seriously? Does anyone know anything about Rush University Medical Center? Even confirmation that they sent a rejection would be helpful at this point

I’ve applied there as well. Nothing yet on my end.

I just got an interview invite for Kaiser Hawaii but I'm out of state. From the voicemail they left me, it sounds like they only have in person interviews. Would it be rude to ask if I could do a phone or Skype interview instead or does anyone know if they would even do this?

Last edited:
Received email from Baystate for PGY-1 interview (1/23 10:30 am)

Has anyone heard from RegionalOne health in Memphis TN (specifically the Amb Care residency)?

Received onsite interviews from Memorial Regional and Harris Health

Still waiting to hear from University of Chicago and Rush. It doesn't seem like anyone has heard from Rush yet, but has anyone got a denial response from University of Chicago?

Still waiting to hear from University of Chicago and Rush. It doesn't seem like anyone has heard from Rush yet, but has anyone got a denial response from University of Chicago?

I agree...but it seems a little odd about Rusb as most places have sent something in Chicago. People have gotten interviews for U Chicago for sure. I am not sure about U Chicago rejections though.

Has anyone heard from St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma, WA (PGY1)?

Anyone heard anything from USC Acute care PGY1/Keck Hospital??

I just got an interview invite for Kaiser Hawaii but I'm out of state. From the voicemail they left me, it sounds like they only have in person interviews. Would it be rude to ask if I could do a phone or Skype interview instead or does anyone know if they would even do this?
So I know a few pharmacists in Hawaii for when I visited for my fraternity. It’s very hard for an out of state person to get a residency in Hawaii because of they have a Pharmacy school and the locals don’t enjoy people moving to their land. I’d say that would be a sure fire way to be placed further down their list for the Match. I wouldn’t do it.