residency/medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arik79

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone. starting a new thread. last couple of years at this time, people would list which medical schools matched at different residency programs, so you'd see which medical schools different residents who just matched were from So, congrats to everyone and hopefully we can get a long list going.

Members don't see this ad.

residency: LSU (categorical) PM&R
med school: Saba University (yep, caribbean)

Here is UMich's resident roster (ie where our residents came from) over the last few years

This year:
Chicago Medical School x 2
USC
Wayne State
Two DOs

Last year:
UMich
Wayne State
UIC
Tulane
UT-SA
One DO

Last Last year:
Wayne State
UWisconsin
UMNDJ
UMissouri
UNC
One DO

I'm not sure which DO schools

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I'll take the liberty of posting the results from UW since they e-mailed them to us. Hope I'm not stealing anyone's thunder, but I thought it would be nice to have one list rather than individual postings.

Categorical:
Medical College of Wisconsin
Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
UW

Advanced:
U Michigan
U Conn
UW
Stanford
UW
UCLA

Congrats to everyone!

just until the residency/med school info is up on this thread, I'll include where our grads are going... Chicago Medical School have 10 this year

1 U Colorado
1 UCLA
1 Marianjoy
1 Spaulding
1 UPMC
1 SUNY Brooklyn
2 U Michigan
1 Temple
1 RIC

Temple University School of Medicine - we had four people match in PM&R, all got their top choice.

1. Temple
2. Temple
3. RIC
4. Stonybrook

Just to make sure I am understanding the nature of this thread....is this meant to be a list of where this year's matched candidates completed medical school (listed by residency program), or where people from our own medical schools matched into PM&R? I assumed it was the former, and my last post was a list of where those matching at the University of Washington (my future program!) completed medical school.

At MCW, we had four people, including me, match into PM&R. Two stayed at MCW (note to anyone who thought that a lack of MCW students who stay was a red flag for the program). One is going to UT San Antonio.

In summary from MCW
- 2 stayed at MCW
- 1 UT San Antonio
-1 U. Washington

the idea is to say which residency programs have which medical schoold representing them this year, ie. Kessler last year: cornell, cornell, UMDNJ, UMDNJ, etc...

WHY does it matter where people went to med school?? WHAT matters is who these people are and what they did with what they were given. One of the hardest things in life is getting INTO med school. I personally would NEVER worry about who went where. Find out where YOU need to be and fight for it.

for what it's worth -->
college: Northwestern
med school: Univ. of Mississippi
residency: Univ. of NV Reno prelim med and Hopkins

MD/UNewMexico (I think)
MD/UUtah
MD/UMinn
MD/UKansas
MD/UMDNJ
MD/UColorado
MD/UIndiana
MD/UVirginia

Members don't see this ad :)
RIC:
Categorical:

MD - Creighton
MD – Northwestern
MD – George Washington
MD – Temple

Advanced

DO – AZCOM
MD - Washington University in St. Louis
MD - Howard
DO - CCOM
MD - Chicago Med
MD – Medical University of Ohio
DO? – Kansas City COM
MD? – Kansas City School of Medicine

forgive my ignorance - not sure if there is a DO school and a MD school in Kansas City?? Anyone care to clarify?

forgive my ignorance - not sure if there is a DO school and a MD school in Kansas City?? Anyone care to clarify?

yeah they have one of each

To everyone who just matched: Congratulations!!

Its definitely exciting to read this stuff and is really getting me motivated to study for Step 1.

Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (DO)
University of Missouri, Kansas City (MD)

Thomas Jefferson University:

University of Minnesota Medical School
University of Wisconsin Medical School
UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School
University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
Tulane University School of Medicine
Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Saint George's University
Drexel University College of Medicine

RIC:
Categorical:

MD - Creighton
MD – Northwestern
MD – George Washington
MD – Temple

Advanced

DO – AZCOM
MD - Washington University in St. Louis
MD - Howard
DO - CCOM
MD - Chicago Med
MD – Medical University of Ohio
DO? – Kansas City COM
MD? – Kansas City School of Medicine

YEAH GDUB!!! Congrats!!!

oops, sorry for the mix-up on my previous post. here are the schools of temple PM&R's new residents.

UMass
PCOM
Tulane
Jefferson
2 Temple
Chicago Medical School
UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson
UMDNJ - School of Osteopathic Medicine
Mayo

congrats again to all.

UVA - adv
MUSC - cat
MUSC - adv
LSU - cat

WHY does it matter where people went to med school?? WHAT matters is who these people are and what they did with what they were given. One of the hardest things in life is getting INTO med school. I personally would NEVER worry about who went where. Find out where YOU need to be and fight for it.

I think it just provides reassurance to people that if they want to go into PM&R, coming from less than a 'name' med school won't be as big a barrier as some other fields (such as plastics, for ex.).

I would agree; find out where you like and apply, don't limit yourself.

From what I know about our recent matches:

MD - UC-Davis
MD - UC-Irvine
DO - Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine

I'm unaware who matched to which of the two categorical spots and one advanced spot at this time.

From what I know about our recent matches:

MD - UC-Davis
MD - UC-Irvine
DO - Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine

I'm unaware who matched to which of the two categorical spots and one advanced spot at this time.

Hey! I did my internship at ARMC too! But I did the Transitional year. I'm SO glad I'm not an intern anymore. Heh :)