Residency program question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

howyoudoin450

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm currently a pre-pharm student but just wanted to know about residency programs for pharmacy. When applying, do they look cumulative gpa, including those from undergrad? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I'm currently a pre-pharm student but just wanted to know about residency programs for pharmacy. When applying, do they look cumulative gpa, including those from undergrad? Thanks.

Look through the pharmacy residencies and fellowship forum. There is lots of information there for you.

Hi,

This year, yes they are looking at both pre-pharm and pharm school grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes they look at EVERYTHING! Although some aspects of your application matter more than others, but that goes without saying.

The residency application program Phorcas requires your transcripts from all undergrad schools you've taken and pharm school transcripts- but most programs that I've seen only required pharmacy school transcripts

Everywhere I applied requested everything. I was not the 4.0 type in undergrad--double majored in biochemistry and mathematics with an engineering minor, so there are some hiccups in the transcripts. I received interviews from top programs and was never asked about undergrad classes. While you'll submit those transcripts to phorcas, I think they probably look mostly at your pharmacy gpa.