Residency program question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

howyoudoin450

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I'm currently a pre-pharm student but just wanted to know about residency programs for pharmacy. When applying, do they look cumulative gpa, including those from undergrad? Thanks.
 
Hi,
I'm currently a pre-pharm student but just wanted to know about residency programs for pharmacy. When applying, do they look cumulative gpa, including those from undergrad? Thanks.

Look through the pharmacy residencies and fellowship forum. There is lots of information there for you.
 
Hi,
I'm currently a pre-pharm student but just wanted to know about residency programs for pharmacy. When applying, do they look cumulative gpa, including those from undergrad? Thanks.

This year, yes they are looking at both pre-pharm and pharm school grades.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes they look at EVERYTHING! Although some aspects of your application matter more than others, but that goes without saying.
 
The residency application program Phorcas requires your transcripts from all undergrad schools you've taken and pharm school transcripts- but most programs that I've seen only required pharmacy school transcripts
 
Everywhere I applied requested everything. I was not the 4.0 type in undergrad--double majored in biochemistry and mathematics with an engineering minor, so there are some hiccups in the transcripts. I received interviews from top programs and was never asked about undergrad classes. While you'll submit those transcripts to phorcas, I think they probably look mostly at your pharmacy gpa.