residency programs in Ob/gyn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

duchess_MDPhD

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hiya, I was wondering if anyone was aware of ob/gyn residency programs that are particularly interested in mudphuds. That is to say: any short tracking available and if so what particular fellowships and offers? I am very interested in reproductive endocrinology and I would like to know how I should approach this.

Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.
Duchess
 
8 MD/PhDs to my knowledge have matched to OB/GYN in the past two years:

Michigan x 2, Yale, UIC, Einstein, UT Southwestern, UI Chicago, Penn

Michigan appears to require a scholarly paper published before ending your residency.

ACOG does not look like they offer any short-tracking to fellowships similar to medicine or pediatrics.

Your best bet is to find departments which have strong reproductive endocrinology faculty and research - stuff like ACOG annual meeting programs can help with identifying faculty who are leaders in your field of interest.

Yours -
 
BWH/MGH is very research oriented and geared towards producing physician-scientists in Ob/Gyn.
Also, I was very impressed by UCSD and UCSF along the way....
Best wishes
Aleks