Residency Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swellguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure some state schools (Nevada) allow some students to claim residency after their first year of school, while others (Colorado) does not. Is there a list somewhere that differentiates between the two or do I need to call up every school individually?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure some state schools (Nevada) allow some students to claim residency after their first year of school, while others (Colorado) does not. Is there a list somewhere that differentiates between the two or do I need to call up every school individually?

You probably need to call up each school and ask. A few more states, for example, Kentucky and NY won't let you do this either.

add UIC to the list - you have to be an IL resident for in state tuition

Members don't see this ad :)
You probably need to call up each school and ask. A few more states, for example, Kentucky and NY won't let you do this either.

New York does allow you to become a resident for tuition purposes after your first year.

Michigan will not grant residency.

I've been told (cannot confirm) that the UC's (UCLA, UCSF) do offer residency after a year.

Oh no!:eek: There goes 100K...

Are you serious?? Are you going to Umich next year and was not aware of that?

It's actually closer to 50k, especially since all of these other schools give
instate tuition for the last three years (after gaining residency at the end of your first year).

Are you serious?? Are you going to Umich next year and was not aware of that?

It's actually closer to 50k, especially since all of these other schools give
instate tuition for the last three years (after gaining residency at the end of your first year).

No, I'm applying this year. :D

Wow, immediate residency for UMDNJ? So why even list out-of-state tuition?

Does anyone know about the following schools?

UConn (I would get New England tuition, but in-state is considerably better)
Louisville
Pitt
Tennessee