Residency Relocation (addl 4th year loans)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crypt Abscess

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already received two of these loans (Key Bank, and AAMC-MedLoan), but I have also been declined for two (Wells-Fargo Med-Xtra, and Citibank's MedAchiever). I was declined for "excessive open-ended credit obligations"...but don't all med students have this!?

Bottom line- since I won't get a paycheck until August, I need another 10K to make it. Does anyone out there in SDN land know of an easy bank to borrow another 10K from? Thanks

Crypt

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering about this as well...anyone have any advice?

I feel your pain about being declined for loans...this happened to me too this year.
How often will we be paid during residency? I was assuming we'd receive paychecks every 2 wks. If that's the case, then we'd just have to make it to mid-July with the $$ we have. Are my assumptions correct? Puh-lease let me know if I'm wrong, because then I'll have to stretch my funds til August. I've already received one relocation loan from Citibank (for apps/interviews and an international rotation), but am wondering how much more money I should apply for to carry me thru part of the summer. Hopefully sympathetic relatives will come through for me with nice gifts at graduation. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat. I already have horrendous credit card bills and will have $0 in my bank account in June...anyone know of good personal loans I could apply to? The cost of relocating, first/last/security deposit, etc I think could be ~$5000.

Thanks for the info drlee- AAMC MedLoans also disburses directly to the student. My take is that Key Bank and AAMC MedLoans are the easiest to get. Citibank and Wells Fargo seemed to carefully review your credit report and loan history.