Residency Review Discussions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here. I'm debating whether to post anonymously, but will be posting a number of reviews in the coming weeks! So far, 9 down, about 9 more to go (including a few transtionals though...).

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, people! Let's get these interviews going. By now most of us are at least halfway through the process. We don't want to be less than last year's group, now do we??

I'm traveling today but I will try to post more this weekend.

Last edited:
this thread has been very disappointing. i used this a ton, when i applied b/c it was such a great resource

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
this thread has been very disappointing. i used this a ton, when i applied b/c it was such a great resource

I would have to agree with you on this.

I will try to post a few more reviews as time allows this week. I am traveling and interviewing....

For quideam and others worried about anonymity: why don't you PM me your reviews and I will post them under my name as "Anonymous."? No muss, no fuss, and no chance of identification.

Really, these reviews help not only the upcoming MS4s but also those current MS4s who may be wondering if their impression of a given program matches what others have said?

Really, these reviews help not only the upcoming MS4s but also those current MS4s who may be wondering if their impression of a given program matches what others have said?

exactly. it only hurts the current and future applicants. i can only hope more of you use this.....

exactly. it only hurts the current and future applicants. i can only hope more of you use this.....
I believe that a number of folks who don't have the energy for writing one of these reviews are, in fact, posting reviews on the SDN residency review site that docB mentioned. While I feel that they're not as helpful overall as the more in-depth postings, they're definitely still worth having.

So thank you to all of you who have been posting the anonymous reviews. :)

Hey, are there any residents/graduates/medical studens (who did a rotation) out there from any of these programs? I only have two interviews left and I still don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about any of the programs. I'd love to hear some inside info. I have NO idea of how to rank these programs.

Pretty good reviews of places this year so far, so keep them coming. When I went through the application process, I found this thread to be one of the most helpful things here so keep posting for others!

The other intern barely spoke and appeared catatonic, and when asked why he chose ECU, gave me the weirdest look that I've ever seen.

Don't penalize us just because all the sociable residents were either on vacation or getting slammed doing vacation coverage! ;)

Sorry to hear you had a bad visit; sounds like you got to visit a lot of other great programs, hopefully you'll find a place that's a good fit for you and your family.

These are the places I interviewed at or rotated. If anyone would like help in deciding whether to interview there as january gets longer and colder, please PM me. Or if you think a full review would be helpful, please PM me.
Highland, UCSF-SFGH, Boston Medical Center, Stanford, USC-LAC, MGH/Brigham, GW, Kings County/Downstate, Jacobi, UCLA-Olive View, Harbor-UCLA, NYU, NY Presbyterian, Georgetown, Hopkins, Penn, Yale

Has anyone interviewed at Toledo? If so, could you share your thoughts?

Wow, this thread is pretty lame this year! Last year was awesome with multiple reviews on each program. Always fun to read. Maybe next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, this thread is pretty lame this year! Last year was awesome with multiple reviews on each program. Always fun to read. Maybe next year.

As has been previously noted, most reviews this year have been posted under the "SDN Residency Interview Feedback" thread. However, I think it would be a great help if residents would post information on their own programs instead of students relying on another student's perspective after spending only a few hours at a program.

As has been previously noted, most reviews this year have been posted under the "SDN Residency Interview Feedback" thread. However, I think it would be a great help if residents would post information on their own programs instead of students relying on another student's perspective after spending only a few hours at a program.

Do a search buddy. A ton of the reviews were done by myself and others during the application process two years ago. I've read through the "SDN residency interview feedback" and it pales in comparison to the detail students have been posting in this thread through the years. I found students posting their impressions and basic info about programs based on a days visit to be very helpful. It is much less biased than that of a resident reviewing their own program. I don't think anyone is reading these to "rely" on them for rank list decisions, but it's helpful to get a somewhat first hand exposure to a program that you know little about. Read through mine, I listed positives and negatives about many of the programs I visited. There is too much "anyone been to so and so program?" and not enough contribution from members. As I always say, step it up.

Do a search buddy. A ton of the reviews were done by myself and others during the application process two years ago...There is too much "anyone been to so and so program?" and not enough contribution from members. As I always say, step it up.
That's a great thought and all...but I asked about Toledo, which is a new program this year. So there are obviously no reviews from previous years and there are no reviews on Toledo from anybody yet this year (which is safe to say considering that if you go back a page, you'll see posts from over a year ago and no posts about that program). A forum search yielded nothing, either. So, I would have thought this would be a good place to post a request.

If you take a look at some of the other programs listed on the first page of the EM forum, you'll notice I reviewed a few other programs I'd been to that had been asked about.

So, I'd appreciate it if you cranked the 'tude down a few notches.

-k thx luvya bye

If you've provided reviews and ask for a review, then this really doesn't apply to you, does it? As always, there were plenty of posts in the "where I'm interviewing" thread, but very little in terms of reviews that are helpful to others. It's lame. If you've contributed, that's helpful. But time and time again, there are those who do not asking for info. This site is great for info, but only if applicants continue to contribute. Things change on a yearly basis. Again, step it up if you want the benefits to continue folks. Interview season is almost done.

That's a great thought and all...but I asked about Toledo, which is a new program this year. So there are obviously no reviews from previous years and there are no reviews on Toledo from anybody yet this year (which is safe to say considering that if you go back a page, you'll see posts from over a year ago and no posts about that program). A forum search yielded nothing, either. So, I would have thought this would be a good place to post a request.

If you take a look at some of the other programs listed on the first page of the EM forum, you'll notice I reviewed a few other programs I'd been to that had been asked about.

So, I'd appreciate it if you cranked the 'tude down a few notches.

-k thx luvya bye

Hey, can anybody do a review on NSUH - Long Island Jewish Medical Center of New Hyde Park (Not Manhasset). Thanks.

hey everyone,

i definitely think this site has been very helpful. it's a bit hard for me to post my own reviews now because i just finished the half-way mark of my EM interview season, and still have the remainder to go over the next 2-3 weeks. with all that being said, i'll post my own reviews. hopefully, i can get in at least 2-4 this weekend during my break time :D

As usual the good Dr Stitch....oops Will is right. This specific thread can be a huge resource. Most residents love their program where as students looks at programs much more critically. Those posting from the last 2-4 years where incredibly detailed and useful. SDN interview feedback is not even in the same league in terms of details, info, impressions, etc......

A ton of the reviews were done by myself and others during the application process two years ago. I've read through the "SDN residency interview feedback" and it pales in comparison to the detail students have been posting in this thread through the years. I found students posting their impressions and basic info about programs based on a days visit to be very helpful. It is much less biased than that of a resident reviewing their own program. I don't think anyone is reading these to "rely" on them for rank list decisions, but it's helpful to get a somewhat first hand exposure to a program that you know little about. Read through mine, I listed positives and negatives about many of the programs I visited. There is too much "anyone been to so and so program?" and not enough contribution from members. As I always say, step it up.

Boston Medical Center

Overview
In my opinion, it's the best program in the Boston area. It gets, by far, the most trauma (70% of all Boston trauma), and serves the underserved/poor population that is the closest to 'county' in the region.

I agree that BMC is an excellent program but it's really about the right fit for one's personality and future aspirations, more than the best program in town.

Believe it or not, no one actually knows that data on trauma distribution in Boston. The "70%" number doesn't jive with the numbers of cases that we are seeing at MGH, BIDMC, or BWH. With NEMC just getting it's level 1 trauma status, that distribution should change even further. The helicopter patients are equally shared and trauma destination is otherwise by determined proximity. Being on the south of town, BMC should get more penetrating trauma, but Mission Hill near the Longwood area and the northern suburbs generate a fair amount of penetraing trauma for the other site. There is a much higher percentage of indigent cases at BMC, but everyone has at least 20% indigent cases in their ED.

I am sure Olshaker is knows that BMC is the best program. Ron Walls is absolutely positive that the BWH-MGH program is head and shoulders above the others, and I am certain that BIDMC is the best. As for everyone else, the only way to know is to get a close look at each one and see if the shoe fits.

good point. i remember mult threads stating what is the best em program. Students: the best EM program is the one that fits you. While reps are important, you will suceed where you feel most comfortable

Overview
Excellent 4-year
o Michigan economy: It’s bad, folks. Per the above quote, it’s difficult out there for folks not in/around Ann Arbor. And if your SO has non-academic or non-medical career options, I’m not so sure that they would be able to find a good job right now. Though I’d love to be proven wrong.

As a Michigan native and one who is planning to stay in the state for residency I just want to make the point that academic jobs are absolutely NOT plentiful. All industries are struggling and as a result, the State is in a harsh financial spot --> less money for schools --> teachers laid off and fewer new hires. I'm not saying there aren't any jobs, but when I finished undergrad (in 2005, yes, even 4 years ago), many of my friends had to leave the state to get a job and a few good friends who are amazingly intelligent and fabulous teachers had to be let go. So.... lesson is, realize things may be difficult for you and your sweetie. I don't know specifically about Ann Arbor's schools and employment though so I will leave that to your own research.

Sorry to be a downer... Not trying to discourage!

So after several years of reading this thread, it has finally come time to throw in my input. I cannot thank enough the people before me who have posted so much about so many programs. These posts have been a huge help to me as I decided to go into EM, as I chose where I should do away rotations, as I narrowed down a giant list of programs down to a select few to apply to, and finally as I prepared to interview at my final list. To those who continue to read after me, please keep up the trend of giving back to the community so as to keep the reviews as up to date as possible.

I know there has been some angst about the lack of posting thus far by our class, but I am sure there will be many a post after match day. I personally feel that the people who benefit most are the third years trying to figure out which programs to rotate at/apply to, rather than the fourth years trying to decide their match list. This is why, combined with my screen name still being somewhat anonymous, that I have decided to post now rather than after match day. This is also why all of my following reviews are fairly lengthy. I apologize to those who don’t like it, but I felt that the longer and more detailed a review was the more it helped me. Consequently, I purged most of the information I could remember after each interview so that not only could I remember the details of each program, but that I could also provide as much information as possible to those after me.

I tried my best to remove my opinions and impression of each program from the review so as to give a better view of the program. However, if you do see something that is subjective please remember that it is my opinion only. For the most part, I really enjoyed all of my interviews and could be happy at most of these places. There was only one (maybe two) that I didn’t like, and thus far I have heard many a people who rotated there rave about it (I assume I just got a bad interview day or something). I rotated at two of the following programs, but won’t mention which ones at this time to retain my anonymity. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and good luck to everyone in next year’s application process and this year’s match!

anyone else with comments about this program... seems solid but can't find any other reviews/opinions. i want to rank it #1 so looking for just a little somethin'

We need to get this thread started again this year. If anyone doesn't feel comfortable posting their review under their own name, pm it to me and I will post it anonymously.

I'm currently on a year out between 3rd and 4th year and thinking about where to do aways next year. I can't find anything on OHSU around here other than a thread discussing a 2006 scutmonkey review.

Anyone have a recent review of the program?

Thanks! :D

so, I have been trolling this site for a few years now and find myself overwhelmed with the necessity to post a question. Why is UMDNJ, Newark not reviewed?!?! I am a resident here, so I can't exactly give a biased review. I am however, very active in our program and would like to use this forum as a gateway to make changes to our interviews, curriculum and any other aspect that may be worth discussion. We had about 500 applications this past season and gave out about 100 interviews to a very strong applicant pool. Not to mention the numerous rotators we get each year. Where's the love (or constructive criticism) :shrug:

Sorry about the change in font on my last review. I was having computer/internet issues and had to copy and paste from a Word document. Also, sorry for any typos... I'm usually watching TV and enjoying a cold beer while I'm writing these. Anyways... on to Beth Israel Deaconess.

Overview: A 3 year academic program located in Boston, Massachusetts with an optional (but guaranteed) 4th year as a junior attending. There are 4 months of ICU time, 2 months of trauma, 3 months of Peds, and 7 weeks of elective in the third year. The base hospital is BIDMC, and you will be rotating at a total of 7 other sites over the course of your training. There are 12 residents per year.

Residents: I attended to pre-interview social, which was journal club held at a Japanese restaurant. I thought it was a little hard to mingle with this kind of format, but I was able to talk to a few residents during this time. They seemed nice and happy with the program. Afterwards, a few of us applicants and a handful of residents when to a nearby bar for a few more drinks. I was able to meet a few more of the residents but actually spent most of this time talking with the other applicants (some of whom I had known from previous rotations and interviews). During the interview day, I met a good amount of residents (with a good representation of all the years), and they all seemed happy with the program and got along well with each other. Overall a pretty easy-going group.

Interview Day: Started at 8:45am (I love the late starts!) with breakfast and coffee. This was followed by an hour overview of the program by the PD. The applicants were then split into two groups, with one group going on the ED tour and the other doing interviews. There were a total of 3 interviews each about 20 minutes long (PD, associate PD, attending). All were low-stress with questions geared towards things on your application. I really enjoyed my interview with the associate PD. Next was lunch with the residents, tour, then final interview with the head RN, which was an interesting touch. The day was over by 2:30pm.

Faculty: Nationally recognized and from diverse training backgrounds. The PD trained at Denver and the Associate PD trained at Hennepin. Per the residents, the majority of the attendings were good at teaching.

Curriculum: 3 year program with an optional but guaranteed 4th year as a junior attending. Graduated responsibility with you assuming more of an "attending" role by the third year. The specifics of their curriculum can be found on their website. Some highlights include: 3 weeks of floor medicine in first year, 3 weeks plastic surgery, 3 weeks Tox in the second year, 3 weeks EMS/Administration in the third year. Like I said in the Overview, you will be rotating at an additional 7 site throughout your training. The residents reported good experiences on the majority of the off-service rotations and good relationships overall with the other services. International EM seems to be pretty strong here, with involvement in areas such as Russia, Europe, Central and South America, and programs in Italy. Another cool thing about this program is that work shifts at Fenway Park for Boston Red Sox games.

Peds experience seems pretty standard with 3 dedicated Peds EM months (2 of those at Children's Hospital Boston) and a PICU month in third year at Tufts. There may be integrated Peds experiences at the community sites, but I'm not 100% sure about this.

For trauma, ED gets all of the airways and the trauma/EM teams rotate for running the trauma and performing procedures. The thing about trauma in Boston is that there are three level I trauma centers: Boston Med Center, BIDMC, and MGH. So, if you do the math, splitting trauma activations between three sites could mean less trauma here than if you were working at an institution that is the only level I trauma center in town.

During the junior attending year, you work about 22 clinical hours per week and spend your remaining time working on an individual academic/administrative project. This year is geared for those interested in academic emergency medicine and is optional.

Didactics as per required 5 hours a week. This includes monthly grand rounds, simulation sessions, weekly M&M conferences, skills labs, monthly journal clubs, and monthly follow-up conferences. Also, they have daily change-of-shift teaching rounds, which I thought was pretty cool.

Facilities: Like I said, you will be working at a total of 8 different facilities. I'm only going to talk about two of them.

BIDMC is the base hospital. It's teaching hospital for Harvard Medical School and a level I trauma center. The annual census is about 53,000 per year and the patient population here is mostly elderly patients and people with PMDs who come in when they are really sick. I forgot how big the ED is, but it's divided into two sections - the Core, which handles the high-acuity patients, and the Periphery, which deals with less acute patients. I think interns work the majority in the periphery with movement in to the core as you progress in experience. There is a really cool (and efficient) patient tracking system and EMR with consults just a point-and-click away.

Another site were you do some shifts is St. Luke's Hospital. This is where you'll deal with a more urban/inner city patient population and where you'll get most of your exposure to penetrating trauma.

Location: Boston, Massachusetts. Seems like a mid-sized city with a big-city feel. Cost of living is a bit high with most residents renting. The street layout of the city is atrocious, with no sane organization of the streets. I had a rental car with a GPS and still got lost about 10 times. Also, traffic around the medical center was ridiculous when I drove in for my interview. I think most residents use public transportation, but a car is necessary as you'll need to drive to some of your rotation sites. Boston has a lot to offer - sports (Patriots, Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins), bars, restaurants, and close proximity to other northeastern cities. Winters can be cold here, and this year they (along with all of the Northeast) are getting pummeled with snow.

opb's final thoughts: If you're interested in pursuing a career academic EM, then I think this one of the better places you can go to. If you're not sure, then I think this place is still a great place to go to because of the optional 4th year. If you go in academically inclined but change your mind, it's all good because you can finish your 3 years and go to community practice. If you go in unsure and decide to do academics, then you can stay on as a junior attending (with a nice 6-figure income) and gain more academic experience during your extra year. I really loved the 3+1 option... I think it gives you a lot of flexibility. One thing to keep in mind is that this is an academic program... so if you're looking for a hard-core county experience then this is probably not the place for you. Also, with 3 level I trauma centers in Boston, you'll get less experience than if you worked at a place which is the only game in town. That being said, the residents said that they had enough trauma exposure, and that their experience at St. Luke's gave them enough experience with penetrating trauma. Peds experience seems average, but International EM seems really strong here. I liked Boston and think that you'll be entertained here for 3 (or 4) years... granted you don't get lost trying to get to where you're going.

That was spot on.
If you're on the fence between 3 and 4 years, and looking for a strong (non-county) program, this is probably one of the best 3 year programs out there (and you can always change your mind and stay another year). Friendly residents, excellent attendings and a strong PD who advocates for his program

Other great 3 year programs I encountered/researched during interview season (restricted to E. coast) were Maryland and SLR in NYC.
Both were highly efficient, with minimal malignant off-service time, and very happy residents.

Last edited:
wow, thanks emoregon. that was great and you definitely filled a gap, there is not much on OHSU on here. thanks

Thanks too everyone for the reviews, I guess we all appreciate them.
What about Baylor COM program. I guess they started it this year and the EM is as far as I know, not a seperate department but is a subdivision of IM. So how about that ?

Hey All,

I wanted to thank everyone who has contributed to the Residency/Interview reviews, they have been tremendously helpful. I was curious if there are any reviews of Nebraska? I looked all over and wasn't able to find any but would really appreciate any input regarding their program! Thanks!

Program director: Sarah Stahmer. Impressive. Word on street is fully supportive of her residents, more like a Mom. She's an excellent teacher (her specialties in particular are ultrasound and cardiology -- frequent EKG review sessions) and an even better communicator (seen her at ACEP a few times). Good supporting academic team for running the residency.

Rest of EM faculty: Strong. Not a power publishing place (you might have thought otherwise given Duke) but the potential is there if you *want* to publish as a resident, and overall the mix of academics and real-world is a good balance. Many have worked in community including the current Division chief.

Residency history: Program has definitely matured, and is no longer a "new kid on the block"... been around almost a decade now. Now on second set of residency leadership which is important as new ideas have been integrated, and new approaches to existing problems from the original team have been, at least attempted, re-addressed. And make no mistake, the first team was pretty stellar (many are obviously still there, but there's been some turnover) led by Susan Promes (who then opened up UCSF's residency). Residents have autonomy in trauma, airways ... the usual turf battles were fought years ago. Now it's in a maturation cycle that is really involving the faculty and their struggle toward department status more so than the residents and their learning experience. In fact, the whole Division vs Department is a non-issue for the residents, only frustrating, I think, for some faculty who have left over past few years, as they would like to be moving toward departmental autonomy faster, but again, as a resident, it doesn't matter.

City: The Carolinas is a fabulous place to live. Durham makes up (with Raleigh and Chapel Hill) the Triangle area. About 1.3 million people all told. Raleigh, typical small to mid-size city. Durham, some bad areas of inner city rot (see clinical experience, below) but lots of lush forest and a beautiful campus for running, etc. Good, edgy bar and restaurant scene. Chapel Hill, one of the prototypical American College towns. Beach is 2.5 hours away.

Clinical experience: Huge physical plant that was purpose-build and opened in the last three years. 4 full resuscitation bays, an integrated pediatric department, and a pod system in the rest of the (adult) ED. 65 to 80 beds all together I guess, at least that was the plan when I was last there three years ago. The characteristics of Durham mean you get a fair bit of penetrating trauma, but proximity to highways etc. ensures steady diet of blunt, and the ivory-tower types of Duke ensure good bread and butter experience. It's no knife-gun-club -- if you want maximum exposure to Trauma, go to Cook, LAC-USC, Highland, etc. -- but definitely in the second (next) tier of exposure, and thus you get a lot of it. EM gets airway 100% of the time. EM and trauma resident (which, actually, might be another EM resident) alternate days between who runs trauma, the other gets procedure (central line, chest tube). Works very well with trauma Attendings who let residents truly run the show while they stand in the background, and help if necessary, but let you swim if you look like you're above water. EM and Trauma surgeon faculty get along real well, this is a huge factor as many places have turf wars.

Pediatric experience.... so so. Department gets minimum amount of peds cases a year to remain credentialed I think, but enough for you to get comfortable with pediatric fever. They're produced a couple of peds EM fellows, I think,though volume is too low for them to have done their fellowship at Duke (I think they went elsewhere). A lot of pediatric hearts, etc. that go straight to inpatient, so questionable value. Most faculty are EM-trained/peds fellowship but some are primary peds with EM training, but they're superstars in their own right.... think like ER docs as opposed to some you come across elsewhere who are good pediatricians but don't "get" the EM aspect of it.

Off-service rotations - Fair to middling. You would think strong since the services are so strong (cardiology , etc.) but a lot of academic types in medicine and cardiology make it painful, and think that EM isn't really a specialty. Good pathology, though, just questionable faculty leadership on these off service rotations. Cardiology in particular, extremely malignant. ******* attendings with only a few exceptions. It might be a research powerhouse, but i absolutely would not want my family member cared for by Duke cardiology... to interested in reseach, and they neglect patinet care. Rule out MI means labs get cycled, no actual attending presence or considered evaluation done while in hospital. Peds experience blows. Residents were pulled out of PICU a few years ago it sucked so bad, a lot of mid-levels in PICU who think they know everything and try and boss the residents around (including the peds residents). ICU rotations are very strong - MICU, SICU, fortunately no CT surg. Strong in critical care here, and a good track record via the ED as a recent grad from EM continued at Duke to do a SICU fellowship through anesthesia and is now attending in another institution in the unit.

Duke: Well-funded. Beautiful facilities. Nice name on your lab coat and stands well when looking for a job post-residency. In practice, some people that work here believe in Duke elitism, but mostly that's their pathology, not yours.

PM me with any other questions.

Amazing review! thanks so much :)

All right - one guess - the previous review was written by a female (the only thing that made that was referring to the "very cute, hip part of town"); however, the relevance of that is nil.

A bigger question: "Faculty were otherwise fine- nothing especially notable about them but they seemed nice enough and accomplished." They seemed nice enough and accomplished, but nothing especially notable...what do you want? How high do you set the bar?

Admitting: I've had several people ask if we have "admitting privileges" from the ED. This is kind of an odd question since technically "admitting privileges" means that you have the right to bring a patient in to the hospital on your service (most ED folks wouldn't want that since it means you'd then have to take care of the patient on the floor).

If you have been asked this question several times, it behooves you to give a correct answer. "Admitting privileges" is a two-way street. The way you state it is correct for the receiving service. Admitting privileges from the ED is that the EM doc can direct onto which service a patient goes. There are no places where the full-time EM doc manages the patient on the floor. Where the EM doc has "admitting privileges", if the receiving service balks or gives pushback, the final say goes to the ED. If the receiving service doesn't want it, the receiving service has to find another service to take the patient (or discharge the patient themselves). They can't just say "we don't want it".

EM and Trauma surgeon faculty get along real well, this is a huge factor as many places have turf wars... a lot of academic types in medicine and cardiology make it painful, and think that EM isn't really a specialty.

In response to this, I just have to directly quote a Duke trauma surgeon's response when I told him I wanted to do Emergency Medicine:

"Now why the f*** would you want to do that?"

Really?

And that was a lot of color and font code, there.

Says the post ***** with 15,000 posts. That must be some kind of world record. I think there is a DSM IV diagnosis for that, isn't there? :laugh: Unplug from the matrix, Neo. Follow the white rabbit...

Says the post ***** with 15,000 posts. That must be some kind of world record. I think there is a DSM IV diagnosis for that, isn't there? :laugh: Unplug from the matrix, Neo. Follow the white rabbit...

Passive aggressive much? Or just an insulting punk?

That is over 9 years. Do the math. Or, wait - the site has done it for you. 4.46 posts per day is not "post whoring". Oh, and there are 4 members with over 40K posts here.

So, you say people here are "chief resident types", and I question that - I certainly wasn't, and there are many more like me that weren't, and you are the one with all of the formatting.

Then, to come back snotty. Good luck with that.

Watch out! You might get your post deleted!

I would think it ludicrous if my post actually does get deleted. We're supposed to talk about programs freely here right - write a review and let other applicants know what's up. How is it fair if only the good reviews stay and the negative ones get deleted. I am very open to discussion about this, but silencing a voice that speaks up is not the way to do it - freedom of speech.

Goes along the lines with the Yale thread that got deleted.