Residency spot opening at UW-Madison!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinykitty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a PGY-2 psychiatry resident at the University of Wisconsin and wanted to let people know that there will be a PGY-3 position opening here on 1 July 2008. We have a wonderful resident in our class who sadly will be transferring to a different program because of her husband's job situation. This position would be open for current PGY-2s or PGY-3s (who would then be either PGY-3s or -4s on 7/1/08). If it ends up being a current PGY-3 who accepts the position, then they would simply be done with their residency after one year in our program.

Let me also just say that I love this program. The faculty are brilliant, kind, and supportive. Collegiality among residents is impressive. The only psych call we do is as PGY2s, so the person accepting this position would not have any call. Besides all this, Madison is the coolest university town you could ever find.

if you have more questions about the program or my experience here, drop me a message or visit the website (http://www.psychiatry.wisc.edu/residency). Otherwise, for information on applying, please contact the program training director, Dr. Art Walaszek. He can be reached via email at [email protected].

Members don't see this ad.

The spot is potentially still open, though I'm not absolutely positive where our program director is in interviewing for the spot. Why don't you give the PD, Dr. Walaszek, an email and see what he says.... His email: [email protected]. Good luck!

You might want to warn the PD about this guy ahead of time, because if his posts are to be believed, he's already switched programs once between pgy1 and pgy2, only to post vehement criticisms of his current program on this board. Some people may carry their own unhappiness with them...