Residency Status...HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Angel_Eyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay...I have been a resident of Arizona since I was 10 years old. Now, I am going to college out of state ( to play ball) and Arizona is my first choice of schools(They don't accept out of state apps). Now,the problem...My parents have moved recently and will be filing taxes in both AZ and TX. Because I am still dependent on them, am I still a resident of AZ or TX? They won't be in Tx a full year by the deadline of applications, so they can't be residents of tx yet can they??? HELP!!

Members don't see this ad.

My guess is that you are still an Arizona resident considering you've lived there for long, and have been a taxpayer for so long in Arizona. Keep up your Arizona driver's license (assuming that's the one you have), and any other ties to the state (car registration, bank accounts, taxes, etc.) and you should be in good shape.

However, trying to be a Texas resident may be more useful to you (since they have more schools and an overall excellent med school system). Just something to think about.