Position Swap Residency swap / waivers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1098608

Hi all-
(Incoming pgy1)

Wondering if anyone has had success transferring or swapping? Or getting a waiver approved for a legit medical reason to postpone residency and re enter the match next cycle.

Also wondering if I re enter the match after completing pgy1 at this program, if it would be more beneficial to re apply to the same specialty or another specialty (one that I liked just as much).

Really trying to figure out what my best option is

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a swapping website. It is about $40 per month to see the spots. I have a PGY2 friend that know several residents that have successfully used it, but I don't think it is likely at all. I would also like to switch EM programs for somewhat similar reasons, but the likelihood of someone leaving an EM program in the city in Texas my wife matched into is very low.

Last edited:
There is a swapping website. It is about $40 per month to see the spots. I have a PGY2 friend that know several residents that have successfully used it, but I don't think it is likely at all. I would also like to switch EM programs for somewhat similar reasons, but the likelihood of someone leaving an EM program in the city in Texas my wife matched into is very low.
I actually just matched into EM in Texas

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to advise anyone who is interested in this website that you should be very sure you want to use it before signing up. It became clear to me that I wasn't eligible for the service after signing up, and instead of helping me get a refund, the customer service threatened legal action instead.

Shubniguroth,

Resident Swap Inc. always follows the contractual Terms of Use and the Refund Policy, which fairly allows refunds in certain situations at the end of subscription term, such as if the subscriber does not qualify for any of the viewed positions, or does not view any viable vacancy. Per contract, clauses #3 and #4 require documentation. This is intended to be fair to subscribers, and to also prevent Theft of Service by any dishonest subscribers. These terms are clearly presented prior to sign-up:
Residency Vacancies, Unfilled Openings, and Swap Positions in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Neurology, Emergency, Family Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Otolaryngology, Surgery, Preventive Medicine, Psychiatry at PGY1, PGY2, PGY3 levels, in 2023 and 2024

However, subscriber actions such as using false statements in an attempt to commit Theft of Services is illegal, as this violates several statutes. A cancellation or refund request that does not qualify, or that does not supply the required documentation will be rejected with an explanation of the reasons for rejection.