residency training in canada - Practicing in USA

Started by tarsuc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tarsuc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering how this works.

If I finish my neurosurgical residency training in Canada, and pass the board exams, obtain the FRCSC,

Whats the procedure involved if i wanted to practice in the US? (Assuming I already have all my USMLEs done)

Would i have to write the USA board exams of neurosurgery residency, and then only able to practise in US?
 
NSx (and ENT) are basically the only 2 that you aren't board eligible in the US coming from Canada. Not sure what it involves exactly, but I know it isn't always possible/straightforward with those 2