You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Residency Visas for International Applicants
Started by dentaltea43
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't think it would be F1 because of the stipend as well. I was wondering whether it would be the TN or H1-B visa.
I'm on an F-1 visa and will be receiving a stipend. Studying perio.I didn't think it would be F1 because of the stipend as well. I was wondering whether it would be the TN or H1-B visa.
iam an international student in the US doing my 3rd year MD in an US medical school. I have got step1 score of 251. Iam worried about my chances of getting into speciality residency programs as iam not a green card holder or an US citizen. Do residency programs sponsor and are they open to international students graduating from US med schools?
iam an international student in the US doing my 3rd year MD in an US medical school. I have got step1 score of 251. Iam worried about my chances of getting into speciality residency programs as iam not a green card holder or an US citizen. Do residency programs sponsor and are they open to international students graduating from US med schools?
You would probably get an F1 or J1 or TN visa, I know some friends are international and all started their medical residencies in the states this year.
look up the specialty program requirements and see if they are willing to accept international students. If they are they will sponsor you to receive an F1 or J1 visa, appropriate student visa.iam an international student in the US doing my 3rd year MD in an US medical school. I have got step1 score of 251. Iam worried about my chances of getting into speciality residency programs as iam not a green card holder or an US citizen. Do residency programs sponsor and are they open to international students graduating from US med schools?
Thanks!!!look up the specialty program requirements and see if they are willing to accept international students. If they are they will sponsor you to receive an F1 or J1 visa, appropriate student visa.
J1's are still being given out mate, and H1b's although this was a dental residency in NYC. Would depend on the program; I am on an H1b that was recently extended as well.
So you are in dental. I want to get into general surgery. What do you feel? Will I be getting H1B?J1's are still being given out mate, and H1b's although this was a dental residency in NYC. Would depend on the program; I am on an H1b that was recently extended as well.
Are you Australian?J1's are still being given out mate, and H1b's although this was a dental residency in NYC. Would depend on the program; I am on an H1b that was recently extended as well.
It would depend case by case i'd assume for H1b's; and yea I am Australian.So you are in dental. I want to get into general surgery. What do you feel? Will I be getting H1B?
I am an international student currently in residency on an F1 and we receive a stipend. We have been provided with Teaching Assistant credentials to allow us to get the stipend and get a SSN.
are you canadian or from another country?Does anyone know what type of visa is granted to residents (who are not US citizens or hold a green card) for the duration of their program?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Canadaare you canadian or from another country?
For programs that pay a stipend, as a Canadian you would get a TN visa. F1 or J1 for other situations (ie. pay tuition or pay tuition but make a minor stipend due to teaching assistant work.
internationalcenter.umich.edu
Student Visa: F-1 versus J-1 | International Center
Which residency program Doc?I am an international student currently in residency on an F1 and we receive a stipend. We have been provided with Teaching Assistant credentials to allow us to get the stipend and get a SSN.