Residency Visas for International Applicants

OMaxFace

Jun 13, 2020
It will vary from program to program. From my understanding you can't really be a resident getting a stipend on a F1 unless you are doing the F1-OPT. Typically, at least in the OMFS world, people are on a J1 or TN (if Canadian).

About the Ads

Shas72

Jul 17, 2020
iam an international student in the US doing my 3rd year MD in an US medical school. I have got step1 score of 251. Iam worried about my chances of getting into speciality residency programs as iam not a green card holder or an US citizen. Do residency programs sponsor and are they open to international students graduating from US med schools?

dentaltea43

7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2012
  1. Pre-Dental
  2. Dental Student
iam an international student in the US doing my 3rd year MD in an US medical school. I have got step1 score of 251. Iam worried about my chances of getting into speciality residency programs as iam not a green card holder or an US citizen. Do residency programs sponsor and are they open to international students graduating from US med schools?

You would probably get an F1 or J1 or TN visa, I know some friends are international and all started their medical residencies in the states this year.

bones18

2+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2019
  1. Resident [Any Field]
look up the specialty program requirements and see if they are willing to accept international students. If they are they will sponsor you to receive an F1 or J1 visa, appropriate student visa.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.