Residency Website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Stone

Hall Monitor
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to get some feed back on an idea I came up with. I would like to explore the possibility of getting a residency website that would be sponsored by the APMSA. I envision this being a link from the APMSA AACPM or APMA website where students could go to get all the information they need about all the current residencies available.
As I see it now, you have three main resources (coming from different organizations) of getting information about residencies they are: the Residency Survey (by APMSA), CPME 300, and the 2006 res Directory (done by AACPM).
My idea is to consolidate the info into one place online and it would have all the info that you would want or need. This website would be accessible to all the residencies or residency directors to update at anytime.
Just so you know, there are some residencies that already have websites. From what I have been able to count there are 81 residencies that currently have a website out of the ~245. This is not bad (33%).
Anyway, what kinds of info would be the most important to have on this website and what would you like to see?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is a good idea. Too many of the other sites are not kept up very well. It would make it a lot easier for people to get up to date info.

I think it would also give people a chance to ask about residencies before they set up their clerkships.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is a great idea. I think that it would be nice for the sites to list updated surgical logs for each year. Its hard to get that information. Other important information would inlcude benefits including, but not limiting to, stipends CPME allowance, health insurance, etc. I would love to see information on the type of candidates they would like to see apply at the program. I know that this may be hard to do considering that its a buyers market right now and the programs would not want to discourage candidates from applying by setting standards too high or risk their reputation by setting them too low. In any event, good idea.

where can I go to find the web sites to those residencies that have one?

discusdan said:
where can I go to find the web sites to those residencies that have one?

If you go to www.aacpm.org and look under "residencies" find "which states have residencies." They have links to all of the residencies that are online.