Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted913998

Guys, you can take my advice or not. I was a medical student rotating here in Des plaines illinois Advocate Lutheran General hospital FM residency program. By far, this has been the worst place rotating here and malignant. All of the FM residents I’ve encountered were super incompetent both on the inpatient side as well as outpatient as well as their attendings and taught old school stuff. Their didactics are super booooring that all residents are on Instagram/Facebook or gossiping via WhatsApp about how bad the speaker is. There was one resident that left their program during residency and another got replaced, which then got kicked out of their residency. I would seek a better FM residency where it feels like a family , this place didn’t feel this way .

Members don't see this ad.

Why does your post history tell a story of someone looking for PGY1 and 2 positions in EM, IM, and FM?

I smell a fish or somethin goin on here

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
“rotating here”

Does that mean you are still there? Why are you posting about this place now?
My guess is to try and prevent people from going on interviews/ranking the program so it goes unfilled so they can slip into the PGY1 position (based on their post history for years). Could be wrong and reaching but this doesn't add up to anything else in my head atm

Reactions: 1 user
OP clearly lives in another dimension where the rules of space and time are different. Just 9 months ago he was a resident there and now he’s a student!

Hello guys, just to warn you, don't come to the family medicine lutheran general hospital residency. This place is awful and brutal. it really sucks. All the faculty are not nice who smile to you but behind your back put in extremely rude evaluations. Currently a resident here but would highly not recommend this place to anyone! Go elsewhere.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020

Reactions: 1 user