Residents in NYC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SuxDrugs&Rocuronium

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this forum is generally for medical residencies, but I matched to a 3-year dental residency at NYU in Brooklyn and am curious to hear from anyone who has lived/done residency in Brooklyn with a family. I’ve got a wife and two daughters. Rent is pretty expensive so I’m curious to know where people have lived and resources used to find a good place, and how to get approved with the relatively low income for NYC.

My salary will be $63k/ year and most places I’ve seen are 2500-3000/month. Just trying to find a good place and maximize my salary as best I can. Any advice or resources are appreciated