RPedigo

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2006
Los Angeles, California
Status
Attending Physician
Fitness-wise: finish the half-marathon that I signed up for without walking any of it, finish my 2nd Tough Mudder (March) and maybe do a third, go through at least one cycle each of P90x and Insanity, beat the ortho guys in a pull-up contest.
Academically: read more, become more efficient, do more teaching to medical students and interns.

OP
RustedFox

RustedFox

Go to the ER now, or you'll have a stroke.
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
On a box.
Status
Attending Physician
Lose 10 pounds and stop bitching so much.
Quit being such a bitch, and you've got half of it done.

I kid... I keeed. On the topic:

Honestly: Sometime back in October, I said to myself: "I'm going to let her (wifey) STOP talking before I offer any arguments or rebuttals." ... rather than interrupt then-and-there because I was no longer interested in her already 'invalid' argument.

Life is infinitely better. Its easy to now say: "Okay, I listened. You said... A-C-and-D.. but B comes before C! This is why I get frustrated and we fight. Hear me?!"

Our relationship is better by far. Simply because we're not both just waiting for the opportunity to shout over each other.

Just sayin'.

Losing ten pounds ? Hey man, lets form a club and make it happen. I'm 5'6'', 162 right now. I'd rather be 150. When I was 24 (not long ago), I was 5'6'', 146, and able to hold myself out horizontally from a flagpole. I'm pathetic now.

Start the thread.

Arcan57

15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I was reading an article on exercise resolutions, and it hypothesized that the key to sticking to a resolution is to make it ridiculously easy. Instead of saying, "I'm going to work out for a half-hour every morning" say I'm going to do 40 body weight squats every day. Or instead of "I'm going to become strictly (vegan/paleo/zone diet), say "I'm going to make and eat a healthy home cooked meal twice a week". You'll feel good because it's easy to stick to the resolution and gradually the things that were difficult to perform consistently will become easier because you'll have started shaping the rest of your life to accommodate these (easy) good habits.

As for me, I've resolved to become reduce by 90% the number of low-angle goals I let in.

OP
RustedFox

RustedFox

Go to the ER now, or you'll have a stroke.
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
On a box.
Status
Attending Physician
I'm doing pretty good so far this year: only one night did I eat hot wings/other things generally unhealthy for me, and I have consumed minimal... minimal alcohol.

Old_Mil

10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2004
Earth
Status
Attending Physician
I am going to basically not spend a dime on anything unnecessary and try and pay off 2/3rds of my remaining student loan balance. Hopefully can finish the thing off by mid 2015.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330

SeekerOfTheTree

10+ Year Member
May 8, 2007
Status
Medical Student
I'm doing pretty good so far this year: only one night did I eat hot wings/other things generally unhealthy for me, and I have consumed minimal... minimal alcohol.
This sounds like a terrible resolution. How are you enjoying anything in life without wings man.

Reactions: SpaceLeftBlank