Resolved - thank you!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lifeisabeach1

Reaction score
Thank you for all of your help!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
CMU and WVU take few OOS students, and they likely had some rural experience or were from the surrounding states. Remove Ohio State and Cincinnati. TCU looks for more humanistic activities in helping underserved populations.

Add:
Hackensack
Belmont (when it opens)
Rosalind Franklin
Tufts

For DO:
LECOM
PCOM
DMU
KCU
KCOM
Marian

WVU and Central Michigan admit few applicants with no connection to the state or region. Remove the reach schools including Dartmouth, Ohio State, Emory, Cincinnati. You could add these schools:
New York Medical College
Albany
Hackensack
George Washington
Georgetown
Rosalind Franklin
Western Michigan

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for the guidance on the school lists! Do you think that I have improved enough between applications to get interviews this time? Is there anything in the meantime that I can do to improve my application beyond continuing to work as a scribe and volunteer?

Thank you so much for the guidance on the school lists! Do you think that I have improved enough between applications to get interviews this time? Is there anything in the meantime that I can do to improve my application beyond continuing to work as a scribe and volunteer?
You have significant clinical experience now. If you can, obtaining hours at a food bank, soup kitchen, homeless shelter etc. is always helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much again, I really appreciate all of your advice! The current volunteering I do with the community donation garden is helping with growing and sorting produce to donate to food-insecure families in the community, along with food demonstrations at SNAP tents at farmers markets and making recipes cards to go along with donations. Would this be considered to be like the volunteering you mentioned, or should I also volunteer at another location to fit that need as well?

Thank you so much again, I really appreciate all of your advice! The current volunteering I do with the community donation garden is helping with growing and sorting produce to donate to food-insecure families in the community, along with food demonstrations at SNAP tents at farmers markets and making recipes cards to go along with donations. Would this be considered to be like the volunteering you mentioned, or should I also volunteer at another location to fit that need as well?
It would help to be directly interacting with an underserved population.