Resource for those interested in PM&R

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ukfan323

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a new PGY-2 in PM&R at Mayo and wanted to share something I've started my intern year and am planning to expand on during residency. There's a definite lack of resources to learn about this field in terms of the daily ins and outs, explanation of what we do, and just general info and I think that's part of why it's a lesser known and understood speciality.

I have a YouTube channel, MedEdInsights, that I started to help change this. It's not a daily vlog, and topics include general aspects of medical training but will start to be more focused on rehab. Here's the link to my latest video about making the transition from intern year to PM&R and some of my first week experiences.

Hope it's a useful resource for people and let me know any particular topics that would be helpful to talk about for people wanting to learn more about our awesome field!

-Brian

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Good job Brian!

The good thing about less frequent checks is that you rarely need them, even with medically complex patients. It is incredibly rare for a patient to become sick without it being reflected in their ability to participate in therapy. Opposed to a hospitalized patient who is laying in bed all time, our patients get taxed physically and mentally. Look at the numbers, but ultimately your communication with nursing/therapy and your encounters with the patient will tell you exactly how the patient is doing.

Mayo’s fantastic

Reactions: 1 users