PhD/PsyD Resource recommendations: Pediatric and Child Psychology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pediatric_psydoc

Board Certified Child and Adolescent Psychologist
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be helpful to have a thread devoted to resource recommendations (e.g., books, peer-reviewed articles, etc) by specialty.

I think it would be great if members who have other areas of specialty create threads for posting resources related to their areas, but I’ll leave that up to other members to decide if they would find that helpful.

I am a pediatric psychologist so this thread I am starting is for posting resource recommendations related to pediatric psychology and child and adolescent psychology.

Interns and students are welcome to post as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
For CBT with children and adolescents
Phifer LW, Crowder AK, Elsenraat T, Hull R. CBT Toolbox for Children & Adolescents. Eau Claire, WI: PESI Publishing & Media; 2017.
  • contains worksheets that are easily copied from the book for children and adolescents presenting with trauma, ADHD, ASD, conduct disorder or ODD, anxiety, and/or depression.
Salloum A. Grief and Trauma in Children: An Evidence-Based Treatment Manual. New York: Routledge; 2015.
  • treatment manual containing session by session suggestions for interventions and worksheets that can be copied
Sukhodolsky DG, Scahill L. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Anger and Agression in Children. New York: Guilford Press; 2012
  • treatment manual containing session by session suggestions for interventions and worksheets that can be copied

Reactions: 1 user
Sleep (mostly behavioral intervention focused):
Durand VM. When Children Don’t Sleep Well: Therapist Guide: Interventions for Pediatric Sleep Disorders (Treatments that work). New York: Oxford University Press; 2008.

Kothare SV, Kotagal S. Sleep in Childhood Neurological Disorders. New York: Demos Medical Publishing; 2011.

Meltzer LJ, McLaughlin Crabtree V. Pediatric Sleep Problems: A Clinician’s Guide to Behavioral Interventions. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association; 2015.

Mindell JA, Owens JA. A Clinical Guide to Pediatric Sleep: Diagnosis and Management of Sleep Problems. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer; 2015.

Reactions: 1 user