Resource Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dad2B

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm a current M2/M3. I took step and only got a 188, so I'm looking to retake it in about 2 months. The first go-around I used DIT, did ~800 UWorld questions, and used sketchy and picmonic to drill in some things. I've never once cracked open first aid, so that's atop my list of things to do; but I was wondering as to any suggestions of other resources to try. I've been told by my dean that students who've been in my position before have tried kaplan, becker, or princeton review (I went to their web site and it doesn't even look like they offer any step related courses though). Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Do all of UWorld, and make sure you're learning from the questions (and not just passively reading it). My method of learning both UWorld and First Aid was to write UW answer explanations into their corresponding parts in FA.

You should definitely do at least a couple of passes of First Aid. Also, make sure you use Pathoma to learn pathology if you haven't done that.

UW, FA, and Pathoma are the primary resources you need to do well on Step 1, as well as pass it.

Hey, I'm a current M2/M3. I took step and only got a 188, so I'm looking to retake it in about 2 months. The first go-around I used DIT, did ~800 UWorld questions, and used sketchy and picmonic to drill in some things. I've never once cracked open first aid, so that's atop my list of things to do; but I was wondering as to any suggestions of other resources to try. I've been told by my dean that students who've been in my position before have tried kaplan, becker, or princeton review (I went to their web site and it doesn't even look like they offer any step related courses though). Thanks in advance
:whoa::thinking: