Resources for child boards

Started by DD214_DOC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

There must not be a gold standard like Kenny and Spiegel version for child psych other than old child prites and the orange journal. My wife is planning on taking the child boards next year and she has not heard of anything specific for the test.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's a book by Shen and Hendren called Child and Adolescent Psychiatry for the Specialty Board Review, which is in its 4th edition and updated for DSM-5. It has several multiple choice questions with answers and explanations.
 
Beat the boards has a review course online for child and adolescent psychiatry. We are getting a group together to purchase on 2.24.16. The more people we have the bigger the discount. Inbox me and I can forward you the details if you like.
 
Many of my questions were from the orange journal's 10 year review articles. My child program copied and handed them out to us as a bound booklet. I also used PRITE's to show me where I was weak, a good psychopharm book and all of my handouts from fellowship. I though the written was much harder than the general psyc questions. Same for oral, but that format may have changed now.