Resources for general program information?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lunch

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,
I am a nontraditional student enrolled (and pretty happy in) the UVM Post-Bac program. No family or close friends work in health care, and I have only just begun to meet people up here (only been here since Jan). While I have heard that it is a positive thing to initiate this medical school undertaking myself, sometimes I feel lost and ill-informed about the realities of the process.

As I go along, I have been getting information from my adviser, anecdotes from friends, statistics from school websites, and bits and pieces of info from everywhere.

I wonder if there is something I have missed here or some other website that directly compares the nuts and bolts of each program, prerequisites, and give insight into things like how much time in the 3rd/4th year will be spent away, possible downsides, unique opportunities, etc.

There is surely something to be said for pouring through the websites of all the schools I am interested in, have the prereqs for, or could get in state tuition... And I have heard I should get my hands on the MSAR... And of course, I realize that it is much more likely to come down to who is interested in me... But I wonder if you guys know of any other resources to help me plan my attack. Let me know!
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely browse through the MSAR to get a great "snapshot" of each med school. You should also review any given med school's website to get an idea of their curriculum, classes, etc.