Resources for learning Angiography/cardiac cath?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Forssmann

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations on resources that could be used to systematically learn cardiac catheterization/angiography and anatomy?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Morton kerns cath book has 90% of what you need for the theory and reasoning

Dr. Brilakis manual of PCI. There is a youtube channel dedicated to it too. Morton kerns book is good and very meticulous but I find it hard to digest for beginners.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Hi this is Manos Brilakis from the Minneapolis Heart Institute and the Cardiovascular Innovations Foundation presenting Chapter 69.1 of the Manual of Percutaneous Coronary Interventions: How to Perform Percutaneous Coronary Bypass Graft Surgery."

Reactions: 2 users
Morton kerns cath book has 90% of what you need for the theory and reasoning
general cath or interventional book? I bought both and they don't really go over the anatomy in detail

Honestly I found it more difficult to try and learn all the "tricks" to identify vessels when I was starting. There are only 4 basic views so I would simply memorize how each should look and you will be golden. Once you have that down you can build upon it with more intricate details.

Reactions: 1 users