Resources to Improve CARS? Already finished AAMC material

Started by nhs2252
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nhs2252

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I was wondering what other resources I could use to improve CARS? My exam is in two weeks and I already finished all of the AAMC material for this year. I'm scoring between a 126-128 right now and would reallllly like it to improve by a couple of points. Thanks!
 
You may have capped by now. Continue thoroughly reviewing AAMC CARS and try to come up with your own problems with their passages, as if you’re the test maker. I found it helpful and easier to tackle foundation problems.
 
It being so close to the real exam, it might not be a bad idea to just review some of the AAMC stuff, going from oldest to newest. I wouldn't necessarily recommend muddying the water with a third party resource which will have different writing styles.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It being so close to the real exam, it might not be a bad idea to just review some of the AAMC stuff, going from oldest to newest. I wouldn't necessarily recommend muddying the water with a third party resource which will have different writing styles.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors
That absolutely makes sense and I agree! Thank you!
 
That absolutely makes sense and I agree! Thank you!
Of course 🙂 anytime!

For anyone else reading this and thinking of putting together their study plan, I am entirely pro-third party CARS resources as I find so much benefit in using multiple high-level resources. Just like doing multiple Qbanks/FL exams, little differences in style make one sharp and flexible when things look slightly different on the real thing. I always end with AAMC though for the reasons above, they are the gold standard.

Good luck nhs!

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors