This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saraaziz7272

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am now 28

I started out pre-med but life happened ....and because of my parents business and health going down the drain, I couldn’t commit to the long haul of medical school and got a BA in psychology instead

I spent many years doing odd jobs as a scribe and medical offices

I always wanted to go back and try for medschool but kept getting derailed because I needed to prioritize needs over wants

Now it’s been so long I don’t know how to get back on track

For my bachelors I did pre-req (English , chem, ap1,2 and history etc) at a community college because that’s what I could afford and transferred to a university for upper level psych classes

I need to go back and take fundamental classes like organic 1&2, physics, mibrobio, calculus

Now I don’t know if I can just take these at a community college because it’s significantly more affordable Or I should go to my university

I don’t know how this will look when applying to medschool?

I am also doing my Mba at a university currently and would that help my case or is that irrelevant

Members don't see this ad.

I'd cancel the excuses and grow up; at 28 my generation expects a lot more. From your post, you know what your limitations are, what choice are available to you, and you prefer to talk about things than to act. Either do something or bow out.

@Goro has a good thread about reinvention. That’d be a good start.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I am now 28

I started out pre-med but life happened ....and because of my parents business and health going down the drain, I couldn’t commit to the long haul of medical school and got a BA in psychology instead

I always wanted to go back and try for medschool but kept getting derailed because I needed to prioritize needs over wants

For my bachelors I did pre-req (English , chem, ap1,2 and history etc) at a community college because that’s what I could afford and transferred to a university for upper level psych classes

I need to go back and take fundamental classes like organic 1&2, physics, mibrobio, calculus

Now I don’t know if I can just take these at a community college because it’s significantly more affordable Or I should go to my university

I am also doing my Mba at a university currently and would that help my case or is that irrelevant
An MBA won't help.

Reactions: 1 user
So I am now 28

If you really want it you'll do it. It doesn't matter how long it'll take. I'm 30, unhappy with my career out of college (barista, working in retail, etc.). I stopped working went to a post-bac and did ALL the classes I needed to apply. Mind that I was NOT a pre-med student so I had NO science background. I'm in medical school now and could not be happier. To me the sacrifices I made are little compared to what I know I will be happy doing in the long run.
Read the threads here. You have 45+ year olds applying. If you're serious about it and really want it, you'll do it.