Resubmit updated letter to AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Royal2000H

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Normally, I would just call AAMC but they're closed on the weekend and I'm trying to get a quick response.

One of my letter writers did not sign the letter, which has caused trouble in some schools. She updated the letter in Interfolio, but now I'm not sure how to resubmit through AMCAS and send to schools...

Does anyone know? Do I just send a new delivery through Interfolio which would then update in AMCAS and magically update the letter on file at all the recipient schools? Do I need to create a new letter within AMCAS and submit the interfolio under that letter?

Members don't see this ad.

Normally, I would just call AAMC but they're closed on the weekend and I'm trying to get a quick response.

One of my letter writers did not sign the letter, which has caused trouble in some schools. She updated the letter in Interfolio, but now I'm not sure how to resubmit through AMCAS and send to schools...

Does anyone know? Do I just send a new delivery through Interfolio which would then update in AMCAS and magically update the letter on file at all the recipient schools? Do I need to create a new letter within AMCAS and submit the interfolio under that letter?

I don't know much about Interfolio, but I know that some schools, if not all, want to know through update letter/e-mail that a new letter was added or revised. So, to make sure, I would contact all the recipient schools, so that they also know about the changes in letters. I don't think they magically get an update from AMCAS to re-download the letters.

I am not sure how to resubmit through AMCAS though.

I don't think they magically get an update from AMCAS to re-download the letters.

AMCAS actually told me that they do notify schools when you submit an updated letter. I would go ahead and deliver it to AMCAS, so that it is added to your file asap, and just give them a call on Monday to ease your mind about it before you go bugging every school. If you are still not marked complete within a reasonable time, then maybe give the schools a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah alright. I didn't know that. Thanks for the correction.

Okay, thanks. I've resent the document through Interfolio with the same letter ID. I'll call AMCAS on Monday and update the thread with what I find out in case anyone else needs it.

This is very useful info since I think I'm running into a similar situation.

Sent from my phone.