resubmitting eras for incoming LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daisygirl

woof
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered before....

How do I send a new LOR to programs that I have applied to?

I've just finished my vascular sub-i, and a little sleepy, so please excuse the question if the answer is ridiculously apparent :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

It's pretty straightforward once you figure it out. First you have to add the letter as a "document," under the "documents" tab in ERAS, where it makes you put in the name, title, etc. of the letter writer. Then you just navigate to the place where it lists all the programs you've applied to...I think it's a tab labeled "programs applied to." Each program that's listed is actually a link that you can click, and it'll pull up a screen that allows you to check off boxes that will either include or not include specific LORs that you've added as "documents." Once you check the box next to your new letter, your school's office will be able to upload it (they can't upload it to ERAS until you've assigned it to a program you've applied to).

Thanks so much :)

One quick question- if the new LOR writer is the chairman of the department and a vascular surgeon, would it be appropriate to denote as such or just leave the title portion in ERAS as chairman? Probably a ******ed question, but what the hell. :D