resume and GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NavyDDS1990

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just two simple questions.

Is it better to limit my resume in 1 page? I remember someone telling me that your resume should not exceed a single page.

Also, when I log into my school account, I see 3 of my GPAs.
One is overall, which I know, but I also see "in major" and "major" GPA.
which one is my sGPA?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

One or two pages is fine, I presume this is for asking for a letter of evaluation? Your professor isn't going to care, this isn't a job application.

Probably neither, you should calculate it since various classes contribute to your sGPA that may not be included in your major GPA and AADSAS uses .667/.333 for +/-'s. Otherwise your major GPA should probably be similar.

Last edited:
One or two pages is fine, I presume this is for asking for a letter of evaluation? Your professor isn't going to care, this isn't a job application.

Probably neither, you should calculate it since various classes contribute to your sGPA that may not be included in your major GPA and AADSAS uses .667/.333 for +/-'s. Otherwise your major GPA should probably be similar

I already have my LORs, this resume I'm asking about is for dental schools later on AADSAS. Still does not matter whether one or two pages?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ohh, in that case, there's no resume to upload on AADSAS.

Instead there are 5 categories where you list (up to 5 for each) your Profession Experience titled "Awards, Honors, Scholarships", "Dentistry/Shadowing Experience", "Extracurricular/Volunteer/Community Service", "Work Experience", and "Research Experience". There are some simple questions that you answer for each activity you list (brief description (max 175 characters), hours, dates, supervisor, etc.).

Ohh, in that case, there's no resume to upload on AADSAS.

Instead there are 5 categories where you list (up to 5 for each) your Profession Experience titled "Awards, Honors, Scholarships", "Dentistry/Shadowing Experience", "Extracurricular/Volunteer/Community Service", "Work Experience", and "Research Experience". There are some simple questions that you answer for each activity you list (brief description (max 175 characters), hours, dates, supervisor, etc.).

Oh! Ok. This is good to know. So lets say, if you don't have any research experiences, you would just leave that section blank?