Non-traditional Pre-dental Student Resume

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loveherstory90

Reaction score
Hello,

So I am a non traditional pre-dental post-bacc student who plans on applying to dental school next year (2023). I graduated with my bachelors in 2016 in which I was highly active on campus with extracurriculars and volunteering. Not that it’s 2022 and I’ll be applying in 2023, would it even be worth mentioning what I did during my undergrad years pertaining to extracurriculars and volunteering? Would this be something I added to my Personal Statement or Resume? I am volunteering now like for the American Red Cross, Susan G Komen, and feeding the homeless and I am apart of organizations such as NCNW & NAACP I just don’t know how much of my undergrad I should include in my application process if any.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Unless you hold leaderships position, I would focus more on recent extracurricular activities and how you came to love Dentistry. You got The "Life experience" advantage that most applicants do not,. Also, you must do well on the DAT to show them that you are still capable of handling the courseworks of dental school.

Reactions: 1 user
You should include items from undergrad you consider important for someone to know you as a future dentist. Use your PS to help us focus on your most recent achievements post-graduation.

Reactions: 1 users